Newbie help on preparing songs for most of my tracks!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Newbie help on preparing songs for most of my tracks!!

Hi i am a noob bedroom dj, i would like to know how to prepare my songs for the next track and also i wanted to use it in a shuffle tracks, i know how to count beats and i understand basic in mixing but i want to play my song in random. I can only play my tracks because i made a playlist. I want to play my songs in random. Sorry for my english

a) Get to know your tracks - this comes with time, and you also end up understand the structure of songs so you can learn how to mix in and out of them quicker

b) Practice ...

That's all there is to it...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by jah_almighty21 View Post
    but i want to play my song in random
    This is not DJing. However iTunes is good for shuffle.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

more suggestions please...

Tech Wizard

Instead of building a playlist, free practice, you can drop what ever tune you want next, if something catches your ear and makes you think hmm... I bet this will go great with that, then play it. Pick a song and drop it, maybe look thru a bpm search to find things that are at least the same tempo to pull from and choose the next song by your intuition.
    My free practices more and more often these days are attempts at genre mixing of different tempos. Most of the time it works poorly, sometimes it works great. I don't beat myself up over flubbing in practice and often rewind to try again.

Tnx to all, i am using traktor 2. What if i noted if it is 8 counts or four in my starting track on my ques, for me to easily view where to play my next track. Hehe

Tech Wizard

Figure out where you want to mix it with out worrying about the count as long as you start on a 1?

You mean its much better to do free practice on counting for the next track rather than putting noted ques on the tracks.

Tech Wizard

I'm fond of listening to something in the music building and releasing more than counting it out. I counted it out for a bit, and sometimes still do, but there is almost always a line in the music to follow back to one. I put cue markers on tracks, especially when it is hard to tell when you are 16 or 32 beats from the end. The more you practice the less you will need this.

Tech Mentor

I listen to the songs I play on my iPod. This helps me get to know the songs really well, and also means I enjoy them. I don't listen to songs I don't like, and hence I don't play songs I don't like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast