Pitch/tempo flux while using effects???

Default Pitch/tempo flux while using effects???

I've been noticing every once and a while when I am using effects like a delay for example, while playing a track the pitch/tempo of the track seems to change slightly. I can't quite put my finger on what is causing the problem and it definately isn't normal.

My specs are below and I have tpro set to 11.5 ms latency. I hope someone can help.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

I noticed this at the weekend also but think i sorted what the problem was....

I was finding that this was happening when using the beatmasher but appeared to happen when i had stopped the deck and left teh beatmasher sample playing.

As the beatmasher is synced and the deck that had stopped was the master when i was spinning the deck backwards or forward (effectivly activating nudge) them tempo was drops or rises by aproix 4ish bpm. The beatmasgher sample was then syncing with this and thats what made teh effect beatmasher sample slow down.

I know this isnt what you mentioned as you said delay ... but hopefully if the above makes sense it may help you in someway who knows

Anyway i hate explaining things in text so thats it from me.

G

It has happened while using just the beatmasher as well. Especially when using the sample button on the 1.7 tsi (the one that uses the masher and samples 4 beats). But it does the pitch thing while the track is playing not just when the masher is on and the track has stopped. I thought it had something to do with my settings or specs, but I think I am ok in that department.

I am nervous only because I have a dance at my school on friday....first time using my Arcade edition with 1.7tsi and tpro in public. I could just use the old firmware 1.2 vci-100 but thats not as much fun!
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Tech Guru

Try syncing to a master clock instead of setting master to one of the songs playing.

I'm starting wonder if an imperfect grid could be the cause as well...?

I noticed this again whilst using the vci last night .... did you get any further with your investigation ?

No, but it happened to me again as well...