Traktor Pro to Traktor Scratch Pro 2... On a BUDGET
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro to Traktor Scratch Pro 2... On a BUDGET

So I am about to get my grimey little fingers on a free set of Stanton turntables! But I only have Traktor Pro 1 a M-Audio Fast Track Pro and a Numark Stealth Control. What would be the cheapest way to get those tables running through Traktor Scratch Pro 2? I am on a serious budget but I realllyyyy want some vinyl. What is the cheapest interface I could use? Cant seem to find any audio 4s online, sure those would be cheaper. And would there be anyway I could still use my stealth control instead of getting a new mixer?

And is there some kind of cross grade from Traktor pro to traktor scratch pro 2? I shouldnt have to buy the software all over again.

Sorry, sh** load of questions but this noob appreciates the guidance.
    DJ RAGyD

HP G62 Win 7 - Traktor Pro 2 - Live 8 - Akai APC 40 - Xone DX - Nano Pad

Tech Mentor

mate I'm not to sure but I reckon you'll have to but TSP2. and your interface im not to sure about either, just best off saving money or selling stuff you dont need
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

Tech Wizard

Yeah thats what i figured. Probably gunna have 2 perfectly good turntables sittin around unusable for awhile
    DJ RAGyD

Buy a mixer. Any cheap 2nd 2 channel mixer. Then look into mixx. Think it's free open source Dj software that you can use as DVS with any soundcard

Edit: looking at the features you shouldn't even need a mixer http://www.mixxx.org/features.php
    Last edited by MaxOne; 10-28-2011 at 01:50 AM.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Im pretty partial to traktor. Im fascinated by controllerism, just thought having that vinyl touch combined with controllers would be sweet. Looks like it will have to wait. Probably just upgrade to Pro 2 and get a launch pad for now
    DJ RAGyD

Fair enough. This shits free and you can practises turntable mixing on it till you've saved up for tsp2 upgrade and Ni sc

Ain't gonna delete traktor
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

The easiest and cheapest right now if you have to use traktor is to get the duo scratch combo.

TA6 + traktor scratch duo.

But honestly I would go with the MIXXX option if I was on a budget. it is a good program.

Tech Wizard

Is there a really cheap interface or mixer i could use with mixxx?
    DJ RAGyD

You can use everything you already got. Just need some timecode vinyl and you can use any! Serato tc vinyl works with it.

Read the features link inposted and look into it properly

It's decent bit of kit if youre on a budget

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The cheapest way is to find a used TS Duo combo with an Audio 4. There is no legal way to use anything but NI sound cards or certified mixers with Scratch.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x