Drum and Bass Train round 2 (or 3 dunno) - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiExcel View Post
    btw, Id really love to get a heavy/dark dnb train going soon too!
    Totally down for this.

Also if possible I'd like to go last so I can close out with some really dubby stuff as I stated before
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    3 days and 2 mixes complete, so is duttyelectric going next or is Flash going then Citizen and the Dutty to close the deal out...
    Looks like yoshi's ending on some more dancefloor RAM stuff. Looking at Dutty's latest mix, he's into liquid dancefloor. I think from a flow perspective it would be better if he goes next. But im easy, I'll roll with this no problem.

As far as uploading goes, i dont have any room on my soundcloud to host this. I'd prefer to use dropbox if thats alright with you guys? It also keeps the mix from being heard by the public until weve finished it. Personally I'd prefer that we pass the torch through PM's and update the thread with a notice to the next guy. What do you think?

Also, are you chaps bouncing the mix down the MP3 before uploading? If you are, I'd suggest leaving it as WAV format. The amount of times its recompressed will have a noticable effect on the first mix.
    I argued this point out with some guy on IMTC and after doing some research, it really does affect the sound quality.

As far as mastering goes, I have experience and I'll offer my services if required. Yoshi's first dibs on the mastering though.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

@Flash, I have dropbox, ill reinstall it now. Ill delete my soundcloud post. PMs sound good from now on (for passing the mix around). As far as WAV goes, I could export the file as Wav (but then Mike's part would have lost a bit of quality) and go from there, or wait for Mike to do his in Wav and send me that part and ill join the 2 parts back together as a full wav. if thats making any sense at all...

If you'd rather do the mastering, then by all means go ahead., Im sure you have more experience than me so thats all good!

PM your emails for DropBox please.

wait for Mike to do his in Wav and send me that part and ill join the 2 parts back together as a full wav.
    This sounds like the most sensible idea. Then theres no loss of quality. The file will get unreasonably large by the end of the train, but it is the only way to ensure top notch quality of the end result.

If you'd rather do the mastering, then by all means go ahead., Im sure you have more experience than me so thats all good!
    I'm easy mate, we'll decide when the time comes

PM your emails for DropBox please.
    PM'd
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

so should I go and re-record the whole mix with the volume slightly higher, or should I just upload my .wav of it (by the way, my dsl may time out on an upload of that size....dunno I'll go ahead and try if neccessarry otherwise, just upmix the current part to .wav... all of the mp3s in that mix were aquired via beatport @ 320kbps, so it should be ok at the moment, but yall know more about that than me for sure
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

@bigheadmike, dont worry about rerecording @ higher level since i mixed into your current levels so its all good. Just send me your part again as a wav file. I need your email so i can add you to the dropbox sharing.

The wav keeps on timing out on the upload, will have to find another way to get it sorted out....

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    The wav keeps on timing out on the upload, will have to find another way to get it sorted out....
    You wont lose much quality if its only recompressed the once. If everyone else can work with wav they we'll be alright I think.

Dont worry about the levels either, they can be fixed when we master it.

dutty are you working on your mix still?

Shameless bump

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast