Stanton SCS.1D
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stanton SCS.1D

Tech Mentor

Default Stanton SCS.1D

Really feeling this - I currently have a Numark Mixtrack and would really wish for a more sturdy setup that I don't need to use a shift button incessantly for. It also now only costs $700 for both decks and the mixer. Thing is, there were massive problems with this when it was released - supposed to be fixed now although I believe there is no Traktor 2 support as of yet.. which I am actually pretty okay with. Any experience with this system? The vinylness and the customization flexibility seems really cool - especially for now such a cheap price. was originally thinking about waiting for VCI 400 but this seems even better.

I was more than happy to get off my Mixtrack. Going from a Mixtrack to the SCS.1D/1M setup sounds rather awesome to me. But I'm not sure you'd get any personal feedback on the units, I haven't heard/seen any coverage/usage of the 1D and 1M here.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Mentor

I've seen feedback saying it was an awesome idea that integrates everything, etc.. but the breaking points were the ridiculous price and some of the features (no traktor 2, firewire, etc..). Just wondering if issues have been resolved in setting it up, as it looks great, fits all my needs, and I don't really have a problem using traktor 1.2.7.

Tech Guru

will be better when mixxx is more developed as it will have uid support, so can get the full res out of the scs 1d. unless uid gets added to traktor 2, which would be awesome. as of now it relies on da router which is ok but not great.

there is also the possible of this new one software having better support for it. so we will see just stanton don't seem to have a good rep wen it comes to working with others

Tech Guru

The SCS.1 controllers now have totally native high resolution support in VirtualDJ. This is probably your best bet for compelling performance. The native support is sick, and both Stanton and VDJ have done a great job implementing it.

Tom, I think you meant "HID". But SCS.1 controllers don't speak HID anyway - they communicate via standard MIDI.

Where are you seeing that price? $700 for all three or $700 each? I see 700 per deck and another 500 for the mixer most places.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamC View Post
    Really feeling this - I currently have a Numark Mixtrack and would really wish for a more sturdy setup that I don't need to use a shift button incessantly for. It also now only costs $700 for both decks and the mixer. Thing is, there were massive problems with this when it was released - supposed to be fixed now although I believe there is no Traktor 2 support as of yet.. which I am actually pretty okay with. Any experience with this system? The vinylness and the customization flexibility seems really cool - especially for now such a cheap price. was originally thinking about waiting for VCI 400 but this seems even better.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Guru

yea i mean hid. its good to see stanton are playing nicly wit sum1 shame its not NI though. just looking at the midi stack and from what i can tell from a quick look it can be hardware or software layer. Is the scs 1d just outputting midi data or some form of raw data.

it would be good to see this product see its full potential just not sure how behind it stanton are these days

Tech Mentor

http://www.moogaudio.com/stanton-sc-...ck-p-4296.html

I lied - 799.99. Canadian here by the way.

I am quite turned off by using VDJ - wondering about how reliable the traktor support is. Just browsing forums on the Stanton site it feels like there are solutions to the common problems with DaRouter, and that the previous major overhaul to the communication between hardware and software has resolved most issues - the only main thing now is that there is still only a beta for Traktor 2 compatibility (not a big issue to me as I am fine using 1.2.7 still).

Any thoughts? Experience with these controllers with traktor?

I have a SCS1D & SCS1M and it works fine with Traktor 2.03 only problem is some platterdrift with scratching.
    I bought the set new for 398€ in Holland.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by audiojunk66 View Post
    I have a SCS1D & SCS1M and it works fine with Traktor 2.03 only problem is some platterdrift with scratching.
    I bought the set new for 398€ in Holland.
    Any problems with setup at all with DaRouter or has it been all resolved by now?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast