Allen & Heath XD-20 In Ears for casual listening...anybody have these?

Default Allen & Heath XD-20 In Ears for casual listening...anybody have these?

They are $100. Been contemplating these for a while. Has anyone actually tried these? They're supposedly "optimized" for electronic music. They came out 7 months ago but I haven't heard any chatter at all about them and there's not much on the net either.

Here's skratchworx when they came out: http://www.skratchworx.com/newspage....nts&fn_id=1679

Here's the official youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2UC5CiORq8

And that's about all you can find on the internet on these haha. Anybody tried these?

didn't even know those existed. I'm sure they would be good for listening, I know my xd-53s are.

I'd love to hear a pair, but $100 is too much IMHO. My Etymotic ER-6s were my favorite to spin with back before they died. But at $100, with no ability to preview them, and with no returns (i presume), I kinda feel like I might as well go ahead and get Shure SE215s or something else with a really good reputation instead of an unknown.

If anybody knows of anywhere to get them that will accept returns…that might be a valid option too…but that might creep me out, despite the fact that I'd make custom molds on day 1 anyway.

I will never buy another allen and heath pair of headphones, I have the XD 53s and they were pretty much blown to shit in less than 4 months of what I consider pretty light use (no clubs, just my headphones for home djing)
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Tech Wizard

I have a pair of these. I think they are awesome! Very nice sound quality and no distortion at high volume (well, in-ear headphones aren't supposed to be set to high volumes). I actually use them for mixing at the moment and I'm very happy with them. They're noise- canceling and actually pretty comfortable if you're using the right size ear plug that is.