ripping vinyl to garageband with audio 10 - what am I doing wrong?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ripping vinyl to garageband with audio 10 - what am I doing wrong?

Hi all,

I was in the process of ripping all my 12 inches from vinyl to MP3 with a firewire audio interface, now i have discarded that and am using audio 10 soundcard with TSP2 in my setup.

however, Garageband doesn't seem to receive any sound. I have input and output set to Traktor audio 10 and monitor on, but no sound or soundwaves appear, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

im obviously using direct thru from TSP2 to my mixer, and the only thing going from audio 10 to the laptop is the usb cable, I assumed this was enough?

Hopefully i've listed all the info needed but if there's other info needed i'm missing let me know!
    Thanks in advance!

ok just tried something that I hadn't tried before posting because i didnt think it would make any difference, but in garageband I changed the input from channels 1+2 to 3+4, and now it works! strange as I was sure I would only have been using channels 1+2...

hope I didn't waste anyone's time!

ops, not quite sorted -

It doesn't seem possible to adjust the input volume level, so the recording is really really quiet. the volume slider is set to the minimum and is half greyed out so I cannot adjust it. I've tried adjusting the playing level in traktor, everything on my mixer yet nothing changes , ie waveform in garageband still way too low....

any ideas? thanks again

Ummm, why aren't you using traktor to rip vinyl?

Even if you haven't got tsp... Just wire mixer to an input on audio 10 and set up deck c or d to receive that input?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

i know this isn't your main issue but do not route the TT through your mixer. instead, connect it to the TA10 directly. the mixer does nothing but adding noise (and coloring the signal).

Also, rip them to wav, not mp3. You can keep the wavs as backup and convert to mp3 to play if you want afterwards.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Ummm, why aren't you using traktor to rip vinyl?

Even if you haven't got tsp... Just wire mixer to an input on audio 10 and set up deck c or d to receive that input?
    hey Maxone, I had understood that was possible but you cant crop with that function, so if you miss the start or end you cant get rid of it? i suppose not really a problem as you would avoid playing it in traktor

Quote Originally Posted by rgtb View Post
    i know this isn't your main issue but do not route the TT through your mixer. instead, connect it to the TA10 directly. the mixer does nothing but adding noise (and coloring the signal).
    sorry if i'm a bit slow here, what does 'TT' refer to? thx

Tech Mentor

http://audacitydownload.y55.eu/

seriously fuck garage band

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Abbott View Post
    sorry if i'm a bit slow here, what does 'TT' refer to? thx

turntable dude :eek: wtf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast