NS6 users: How portable is the NS6? Has anyone taken it on a plane as carry-on?

Default NS6 users: How portable is the NS6? Has anyone taken it on a plane as carry-on?

Hey guys,

Currently debating between NS6 and a VCI-300mkii. I love the size of the vci-300 but the NS6 is amazing too. Just wondering if anyone has actually taken the NS6 on a plane and used it as carry-on baggage...

Magma is putting out a new backpack (pretty much the only backpack you can find, I believe, for the NS6) in december: http://magma-bags.com/produkte/rollt...kpack-2-e.php3

This new backpack has now led me to believe that the NS6 will be more portable. I was leaning towards the VCI-300mkii, but I don't know now.

I will be travelling a lot soon and so portability is definitely important to me. I love the simplicity of the VCI-300, but NS6 offers a lot more. Any itch users care to lead me in a certain direction? Bedroom dj here, no big gigs, still working on beat-matching etc. Just looking to maybe spice things up a bit more than I can on my Xone DX. I feel like I'd get along just fine with the vci-300mkii as I'm still mastering Itch and still only managing 2-decks max. However, I feel like I'm now at a level where making a solid investment (for the next few years at least) in something like the NS6 is definitely something to think about.

So 300mkii or NS6? Thanks!
    Last edited by GI Trackt; 10-29-2011 at 12:47 PM.

ns6 all the way!!! its all in one! i love mine to death. And even though switching from traktor to serato wasnt easy, the ns6 is what convinced me. Pair it up with an apc40 for the bridge and youll be blown away, like me

Default NS6 users: How portable is the NS6? Has anyone taken it on a plane as carry-on?

Honestly I use 1200's and I loved the ns6 when I used it. The jogs felt really responsive, way more than the s4.

Awesome. Thanks for the responses guys. I'm so torn between NS6 and this vci-300. This new backpack is throwing me off bc the NS6 all of a sudden looks way more portable than before. I just want to know if anyone has actually taken it on a plane. I don't want to get turned away at some point at the airport.

I'm leaning towards the vci though simply because it'll be easier to lug around and good way for me to learn basic scratching and work on my beatmatching and master Itch inside out.

If I go the VCI-300 route, I can use the remaning money to get some new cans, maybe a kindle fire, etc. haha.

Sigh. I need to sit on this decision for a while....

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trackt View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for the responses guys. I'm so torn between NS6 and this vci-300. This new backpack is throwing me off bc the NS6 all of a sudden looks way more portable than before. I just want to know if anyone has actually taken it on a plane. I don't want to get turned away at some point at the airport.

I'm leaning towards the vci though simply because it'll be easier to lug around and good way for me to learn basic scratching and work on my beatmatching and master Itch inside out.

If I go the VCI-300 route, I can use the remaning money to get some new cans, maybe a kindle fire, etc. haha.

Sigh. I need to sit on this decision for a while....
    i never got turned down when i go on a plane with it. I carry it in an odyssey flight case. this one to be exact
    http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-p...A-DJ-Case.html

Good looking out Pabloco. Will definitely take your experience into consideration. Got some time to decide before Christmas :-P