DJM-800 Color Effects Light

Default DJM-800 Color Effects Light

The color effects light for my filter and my harmonic effects has stopped working but the effects work just fine. The only reason why this has become a problem is because I can't really be sure if the effect is on or not.

Has anyone ever had this problem before and found a solution? I have a local shop which I'm going to get a quote for the repair, but do you think it's something that can be fixed at home? I do have experience fixing electronics, the USB socket on my LPD8 came off its port and i got it working again.

Any help is appreciated.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

I guess you just need new LED's. So if you know how to solder you can probably do it home. Try google your problem and see if there are any tutorials
    Otherwise the workshop shouldnt take too much payment, not a major job. Just need led lights.

As far as I remember there is a "christmas tree mode" that lights up all the led's so you can see if it is an led problem or something else.
    I suppose you will need to obtain a service manual to find out how to access it.
    I had a pdf somewhere but can't seem to find it
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

this is the chap i think [ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/19839802/pioneerdjm800et"]pioneer_djm-800_[et][/ame] and you want "mode 2"

for future reference in case that link goes away...

To enter test mode, turn the Power button while pressing all of the HARMONIC, FADER START CH1,CUE CH1 buttons

There are 11 modes in this Test Mode. If the TAP button is pressed, Mode1 ~ 11 can be selected by selector switch. When set up mode is started, Mode 1 is selected automatically. Once Test Mode starts, it keeps the test mode until turning the Power off
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Thats what I was talking about Thanks zestoi!
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Thanks guys, I ran the tests on the mixer, first doing that one and it was just an LED problem because when i ran the button test, it actually gave me a reading for the button even though it didn't light up. So i guess it is just an LED problem.

I've gone to my local dj shop and the guy said he's going to give me a quote for the LEDs, but do I have to use the specific ones (from Pioneer) or is it just an ordinary LED, and the blue color comes from the plastic casing?

before finding that doc i found someone on the pioneer forum with a similar problem which turned out to be dry joints as opposed to the actual led. your dj shop should be able to sort it out easily anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrakd View Post
    Thats what I was talking about Thanks zestoi!
    anything to avoid work for 5 mins
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    before finding that doc i found someone on the pioneer forum with a similar problem which turned out to be dry joints as opposed to the actual led. your dj shop should be able to sort it out easily anyway

anything to avoid work for 5 mins
    So you're saying i should take it in to my shop? The problem is though that they don't do the repairs in store, they outsource them, and I'm pretty sure they send it to Pioneer, so on first estimates the guy told me it could cost up to $150 to get 2 lights replaced!:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by elio_xh View Post
    So you're saying i should take it in to my shop? The problem is though that they don't do the repairs in store, they outsource them, and I'm pretty sure they send it to Pioneer, so on first estimates the guy told me it could cost up to $150 to get 2 lights replaced!:eek:
    ouch :eek: there again - the mixer must be worth quite a lot? i'd probably be tempted to have a go myself if it was me - and then possibly regret it afterwards