Another headphone question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HD-25, HDJ-2000, TMA-1, US DJ-1, A&H XD-53, Audio Tech ATH-M50, Shure 750DJ....................and Beats Pro.

That's the "closed headphones" elite class! Did I leave any out? haha. It all comes down to personal preference, trying them on, and looking at your budget!

Thanks for the list, that basically lists them all haha. I guess i need to make a trip to a guitar center and see what they have. I dont mind making a blind purchase on 100-150 dollar headphones but its hard to do that on headphones that are 350 dollars and up, i just cant do that to myself. Thanks for the help, and input on headphones you have feel free to post.

I would highly recommend the Sennheiser hd25-1 ii. Out of the bunch that GI Trackt listed, they have about the same sound quality and they are by far the lightest. They are also very durable and if by any chance they do break, all of the parts are completely user replaceable, so you can just fix it instead of having to buy a whole new set. Additionally, they're very comfortable if you don't have a big head.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by graydodge14 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I read reviews and keep seeing that the bass is a bit heavy wasnt sure if maybe the studios lessened the bass a little (or maybe the pro's,i get them confused) but didnt know if one was more accurate or not and not so bass filled.
    The beats don't deliver performance for price. There are headphones out there for much cheaper with better performance (ATH M50, SRH750DJ, SRH840, HFI580, DJ-1's, HDJ series). That and the beats don't have the durability to survive regular DJing, the headband is pretty shoddy and made of a plastic composite that breaks easily. I know that the M50's and the Shures are built like tanks. I've done terrible things to my 840's and my 750's (accidentally), and they've come out fine.

The beats Pro aren't too bad, but you need a really tiny head for them, otherwise the pressure gets uncomfortable really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by graydodge14 View Post
    Hey guys first off i have searched and saw all the different threads concerning headphones.
    If this is the case then you my friend are well educated enough to make a decision based on your research. peoples opinions will be varied and will only confuse you some more

If we had a compulsery thread where in which everyone listed what headphones they use, then you would understand that there will be no clear cut winner, & a diverse variety of headphones would be listed. As everyone has different tastes & expectations from their Cans

My advice would be to narrow down your your options based on your budget. Take an ipod with you to the store and have a listen to a few of your favourite tracks through each pair.

If you are still undecided, take a day or two, rinse and repeat until you are happy to part & invest with your hard earned cash.

NO impulse buying
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Thanks for the replies guys. Im really gonna contemplate before i purchase anything. It took me about a month to decide on my Home theater/Music room setup before settling with PSB IMagines. When i was looking for speakers is when i started stumbling upon headphones that were 1500 dollars and up and i thought "wow can there be that much of a difference in headphones?"

Over the last year and half and messing with home audio and pro audio im learning there definitely is so thats why i want a nice upper level headphone set. Im thinking the Beats arent a good idea, i watched a youtube video of how they just snap when your taking them off your head on some occasions and i dont want to deal with that.

Im definitely going to check out the suggestions listed, this will be my first time buying high dollar cans so i want to do it right. I keep seeing where yall say as long as you dont have a big head, well i have a big head haha usually were a 7 1/2, or 7 3/4 hat so i see why i need to test them out on my head and make sure they fit. Thanks for the help though im definitely gonna be checking out the suggestions.

i use my hd 25's to listen to music around the house, on my ipod and to dj with, they are possibly one of the best buys (no pun intended) i have made for a long time. i spent a while trying to find cans that suited me but i found them in the end, but really it is down to personal preference and funds, i would just advise save to get a pair that you know are going to last you!! (sorry if im rambling im absolutely wasted )
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12