Xp Or Vista For Stable Traktor Pro

Default Xp Or Vista For Stable Traktor Pro

Ok so im reinstalling windows and wiping my laptop clean for maximum performance,my laptop currently runs on vista and ive had no problems with it but ive noticed alot of people use xp and was wondering if theres any benifits,if i do use xp im gonna split the computer so im still gonna use vista for my internet browsing....any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Dell xps m1330 1.5 ghz 4mb ram - Vestax vci 300 + Kork Nanopad

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

My new machine is Vista and it has given me no problems that weren't my fault. Just tweak it down and get rid of the secondary procedures and you should be fine
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

+1 for vista

Tech Wizard

xp and vista both run very comfortable and stable. though xp offers much better performance due to the fact it doesn't come with as many necessery services and processes that run in the background. anyways the stability relies mainly upon the installed drivers (that may give an bsod), the running services and the program itself!

it's no big deal to remove unimportant services and drivers. it may easily be done through some registry scripts.

I loved XP, finally moved to vista when I got my new PC. Works like a charm.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Wizard

If your machine came preloaded with vista you can't always downgrade to XP. I tried to do it on my machine only to find drivers were unavailable. I'm back on Vista now with no problems.
    DVS setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DPDJ-101, Numark DXM06, Novation Dicer, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 8DJ
    Controller setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DN-SC2000, Denon DN120X, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 2DJ,

Quote Originally Posted by djpbe View Post
    If your machine came preloaded with vista you can't always downgrade to XP. I tried to do it on my machine only to find drivers were unavailable. I'm back on Vista now with no problems.
    Yeah you need the SATA drivers for you computer to put on xp. It's really annoying. That's why I stuck with Vista. Lucky enough it worked good.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Wizard

It's pretty easy to add the SATA drivers to a custom XP disk, just use nlite to add them. I put XP on my M1330 because vista caused to much latency, runs like a charm, all drivers are available too. On www.notebookreview.com in the Dell XPS forum you can find a guide how to do it.
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

Cheers for all the help guys and cheers tomato for the link think i will give it a shot,i love vista but xp looks like a good option.

OS X Leopard 10.5.6

i rarely use the vista side on my macbook pro, so i'm afraid i can't offer much help.