FABRIK21, just leaving this here...

Default FABRIK21, just leaving this here...

Me and a friend made a few tracks. Would be great to get some input! Any old shout out welcome. Don't know how to describe the style really, kind of punk-electro stuff, or something. We like the punk/garagerock attitude and electro, so yeah...

(EDIT: This is of course a remix.)

And some sort of electro:ish mix, which I know has it's faults, but I like the energy...

1. Blitzkids - Water (Dem Slackers Remix)
    2. The S - Death and Rainbows
    3. D.I.M. & Tai - Ion (Gorillas on Drums Remix)
    4. The S - Underdog
    5. FABRIK21 - Swing It
    6. Drunken Masters - Shake (One Man Ben Remix)
    7. Dada Life - Happy Violence
    8. FABRIK21 - Disco Dancer
    Last edited by koffa; 10-31-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Tech Mentor

Are you a bit concerned that you will be confused with...

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabric_21"]Fabric 21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

?
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Tech Guru

There rough but not bad. They all seem awfully similar wether that's good/bad/indifferent I don't know. You really need to work on getting the Bass to stick out more on some of them. I liked the synths but they were so overpowering on some parts I felt I couldn't or could barely hear the kick. Not bad first start though.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post
    Are you a bit concerned that you will be confused with...

Fabric 21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?
    Well, not really. Is that particular mixtape extra famous for some reason? Fabrik in Swedish is factory and a part of the idea was that the club fabric is cool, and the classic factory records too... But yeah, the double meaning of Fabrik is certainly lost if you don't speak Swedish... :-P Thanks for the heads up though.

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    There rough but not bad. They all seem awfully similar wether that's good/bad/indifferent I don't know. You really need to work on getting the Bass to stick out more on some of them. I liked the synths but they were so overpowering on some parts I felt I couldn't or could barely hear the kick. Not bad first start though.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, the'yre pretty similar, been working on some project and then another has turned out from the same sounds etc. They're a bit of "work in progress" but still finished enough to let people hear them. :-P

As for the bass, any songs in particular? And do you have any tips on mixing the synths? We've tried to do really rough sidechaning but didn't really like that sound either... Could probably be done with a good mix tech-guy and a EQ, we lack the first though... :P