Opinion wanted on a purchase

Default Opinion wanted on a purchase

I'm meeting up with a guy tomorrow to acquire the following items:

2X Technics SL1200 MK2 Turntables
    1X Ortofon Q-Bert Sylus w/ extra needle
    Vestax PMC-05ProIII Battle MixerRoad Ready Mixer/
    Turntable Battle Coffin Case
    Proline Double Braced Stand

The guy wants $750 for everything. What are your thoughts? I'm also curious to see where any of you purchase your vinyls at. I have a local store that sells a few vinyl but its mainly 60's-80's stuff that I'm not too interested in. I figured I might start giving discogs a try. THOUGHTS!

Default Opinion wanted on a purchase

Not bad at all. The techs alone go for 600. Road cases are expensive and so are carts. I'd imagine that mixer is worth 150-200.

Nice deal! I buy my vinyl mostly from Amoeba Records but I'm fortunate enough to live down the block. Online I generally hit up turntablelab.com for hip-hop funk and downtempo vinyl and juno.co.uk for harder to find house and electronica.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Awesome. Much appreciated.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Labels will have vinyl for sale on their website as well.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

My strongest recommendation is that the guy have all the equipment plugged in and allows you to test it prior to purchase.

Tech Guru

To be honest with you that price is nothing special. If everything is in good shape it wouldnt be a bad purchase at all and your certainly not getting ripped off, but 750 is close to max what everything would realistically sell for. So basically unless your looking to get a great deal I wouldnt hesitate to make this purchase if everything checked out, but dont worry about walking away from it either cause you can get that stuff at that price anytime.

I had trouble finding a better price locally with a mixer included. I've been looking to pick up some technics for a while, just never devoted and actually went out and did it.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernia View Post
    I had trouble finding a better price locally with a mixer included. I've been looking to pick up some technics for a while, just never devoted and actually went out and did it.
    Dont know where you live cause that def matters. Around here you can pick up MK2's for 300 a pop easliy and most people would be happy to sell them to you at that price. Dont get me wrong, there's always gonna be people that overvalue them and try to sell them for 400-500, but no knowledgable person will dish out that much for one. I like that mixer and all (had the same exact one years ago), but its pretty old and you can get it for around 200 pretty easliy and I've seen them being sold a lot lower than that before.