Time triggering jingles
    Tech Guru

Default Time triggering jingles

Just getting into the DJing business and it seems my first task will be to handle the music at a frisbee tournament this summer. We would like to play music all day of course. However at the start, 5 min to end and end of a game we would like to play a jingle. Is there an easy way to do this? What kind of software would I need? What kind of hardware?

I am hoping that I can do this via Traktor Pro. I would hope that there is some software that I can program to load a given song into one deck and play that at regular intervals. Or maybe I just need to create a single song that has the length of a game with the start, 5min and end jingle that I would loop. Whatever the setup it needs to make it easy to handle delays in the schedule.

Thanks for any hints.

Sounds an odd request and doesnt really sound liek djing if your just playing one long song from start to finish. That requires no interaction.

If you have teh jingle just drag it into one of teh 4 decks and hit play on that deck at the required time.

Am i missing something ?

G

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I think s/he wants software that will automatically play a looped jingle for five minutes at a time at specific points of an event, and then allow him/her to play music the rest of the time, right?

Now, do you want it to be played automatically or you still want to load it in and play it manually?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

record the jingle playing after 5 min - time of jingle, then loop on deck D and C. If you want to get fancy you could route traktor into ableton and probably gate the volume of Decks A & B when the actual jingle comes on. Or make a timed keyboard macro that is hotkey assigned to move the level faders on decks A & B to the bottom. I am sure there are some timed keystroke applications on the net. (this is probably the easiest way, infact you could even just leave the jingle at its original length and set the macro to cue play the jingle from the start.

Damn that is going to get annoying lol, "here comes the sick break.....oh crap the jingle!"

Tech Guru

I would want the jingles to play automatically with me having the option to trigger them manually as well. And yes ideally the music I am playing would automatically fade into the background while the jingle is playing.

So I guess with Ableton I could setup a solution where the current playing music on the main decks would fade out automatically if there is some music playing on deck C/D?

Tech Guru

It might be possible to set something up with the cruise mode and fade in/out cue markers. Hmm ..

Tech Guru

It seems the best solution is to have an application with a time axis. So I figure I will use Cubase LE. I will have one track with the jingles and then another one with the music. I do not play to be DJing the entire time and certainly no mixing. So this way I can adjust the playlist on the fly, but I can just as well keep things playing on their own too.