S4 & KRK TRS / XLR question, reccomendations...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default S4 & KRK TRS / XLR question, reccomendations...

Hey all,

I'd like some advice and opinions on what TRS to XLR cable to buy to go from the TRS out of the S4 to the XLR in of a KRK RP6 G2. The XLR connector end would be a male? I'm pretty sure, right?

Also, does anyone use any specific type of cable they have found to be decent and has served them well?

Thanks in advance.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

TRS and XLR deliver exactly the same sonic detail (balanced line). Only 'advantage' of XLR is added 'security' of XLR mount at the monitor. Not usually a consideration with near field monitoring. I use Planet Waves - lifetime guarantee - ANY snags they will get replaced, no questions asked.
    356 reasons why

I bought a 6 pack of cables off Amazon for $30. Haven't had a problem with them at all.

Tech Wizard

I've bought XLR to XLR cables from Guitar Center that also have Lifetime replacement on them.

*EDIT*
    Oh I just noticed you were in the UK. I am not sure Guitar Center exists out there.

Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    Based on this picture:

I'm positive that cable would work.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    I'm positive that cable would work.
    Yup - only you don't need 4m for close-field monitoring. VXT's have a setting to reduce ground hum, RP's don't - avoid excess cable.
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    Yup - only you don't need 4m for close-field monitoring. VXT's have a setting to reduce ground hum, RP's don't - avoid excess cable.
    Yeah, looking at 2 meters really. Going to ring them today and see if they can make me one.

The KRKs have 1/4" inputs, just use 1/4" TRS cables it is the same exact sound quality.

For cables buy from www.monoprice.com. You can get awesome gold plated cables for like $4, that's what I use. Don't waste your money spending $20-$30 a cable for lesser quality non gold plated cables. Brand name cables have such a high markup it is ridiculous, I also think the monoprice ones are better quality all around and even the wire is more flexible than the $30 guitar center cables I have.

I use these with my KRKs http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

if you really want the XLR connector then

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

I like using the 1/4" connectors for my monitors just because they look cleaner and have a more satisfying feel to plug in than XLRs.

They're in the US unfortunately. :'(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast