akai mpk49 vs novation remote sl25
    Tech Mentor

Default akai mpk49 vs novation remote sl25

hey

i will buy either the mpk49 or the remote sl25 in the future, but i can't really decide..

i really like the pads on the mpk49 but i really don't know which to choose.

does anyone of you own one of this products and can maybe help me in deciding?

greets

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I own the Remote25SL, and I love it. But, at the same time, I don't like how the pads are set up compared to the mpk49. And, if I was using this for production I'd get the mpk49 cause it has more keys.

Though, for controllerism, I think the 25 key is perfect.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

funny you ask - i actually bought an MPK49 first, then a remote sl25 compact. the pads have a pretty decent feel to them, the arpeggiator works surprisingly well, midi master clock, the aftertouch is nice and all around, it works quite well, especially in live or reason. the only thing i'd take away from it is its size, bit large for my desk. the remote sl25 compact is a great keyboard, automap is great providing you are willing to invest the time to learn/setup, the knobs and pads are ok (thought i'd use them more) and the compact size for me was the real winning point.

have to agree with the above, for production the mpk49 is the easy winner, for any portable/compact needs, the remote takes in. incidentally if you want an mpk, give me a holler, i don't have the space for it and could part with it :0)

Tech Mentor

I've never used the sl before but the mpk49 is a jewel. The only downsize is its weight and size. If you don't mind it, then I would highly recommend the mpk49

http://www.akaipro.com/mpk25

the new mpk25 sounds like what you want, but if you want a mpk49 I have one I will sell you for a good deal throw me an offer.

Tech Wizard

is there much diffrence between the Novation Remote 25SL & the compact version? does the compact lose many features for it to be £100 less?
    Current Top 3:
    1. Loco Dice - Seeing through Shadows
    2. Light Year - Sex Education
    3. Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions (DJ Pierre Remix)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The compact doesn't have any faders, missing 8 knobs, a joystick, an x/y pad (instead has the Bend and Modulate wheels), I think 24 or 32 buttons, maybe 40 buttons, an extra LCD screen... I think that's all I can notice just by looking
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Theres an MPK25 - i think its more fair to compare the MPK 25 to the Novation Remote 25 as opposed to comparing the MPK 49 to the Novation Remote 25.