Best Free Mix Hosting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Free Mix Hosting

Alright, I want to host my mixes online so they are all accessible all the time, and hopefully downloadable. I want to use a service that is "known" and "recognized" and that can be promoted well on my website/facebook/twitter. Soundcloud, (what I currently use) is obviously limiting when free, and makes your older mixes inaccesable when your upload "minutes" are reached. This is the only thing I don't like about it. A podcast would be cool but it seems that podcast hosting isn't free after a certain point of bandwidth and upload space. I have not tried mixcloud, maybe that along with separate download links is the best I can do. I want to be able to track plays/downloads. I am uploading mixes in hopes of gaining a "following" and building my reputation. I probably average 2-3 half hour - hour long mixes a month. Thanks for the advice!

Well, hosting tons of files means havinga huge bandwith, storage capacity etc. I don't think that you will find something that fits your expectations for free.
    But well, soundcloud's accounts are not really expensive, and that is, imo, the best way to promote your sound.

Everyone has a Soundcloud page, like every club has Pioneer CDJs
    It became a standard in EDM now

Paying for soundcloud hopefully won't be a problem soon but for now I am a senior in college and need to be saving money. I just want to bring music to the people

I believe MixCloud has unlimited storage, but currently only allows 100MB per upload. So if it's over 100MB, you could always split the file somewhere reasonable.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

+1
    used that one (still do) its a clunker of a site but its free and unlimited uploads
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Build a website and either host it yourself or pay for hosting. Then if you know how you can have all files always accessible. This will also give you a professional lookin presence on the web. I know it's not for everyone as getting a good site going and keeping it going is a lot of work but I think it's the best option in the long run.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

I like Mixcrate.

Quote Originally Posted by HighTopFade View Post
    I like Mixcrate.
    me too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast