Traktor setup for around $500
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Traktor setup for around $500

Recently I decided to start DJing and i bought a Hercules RMX from Amazon because it was all i could afford. Recently i got a Job and I want to invest more into DJing so im going to try returning to RMX to amazon because its withing 30 days and i want to buy a more professional controller. I'm looking to spend about 500 bucks so i have been looking at 3 controllers atm.

VCI-100Mk2 seems to be the hot one around here. But i find the Hercules 4-MX to be pretty tempting due to the fact that it has more buttons.

I DJ Dubstep so having lots of Cuepoints ready it nice and i don't really use Jog wheels much.

Any recommendations?

an x1 and a bcd 2000 can actually be a pretty nice combination...or you could get a standard midifighter and spend the other 300 on a faderfox or some sort of other control for the mixer...the bcd and the x1 were what I was making pretty decent mixes on before I got my s4...

the point is, you can do what you need to do as far as mixes go with pretty "crap" controllers, the higher cost ones just generally seem to be built a bit better. Ultimately it's going to be your song selection and programming that makes you a better DJ, controllerism wizardry with shit tunes is still going to be shit...
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

If you are looking for a controller with a lot of buttons, without the need for jogwheels...

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned the Novation Twitch.

For $499 it has the controls you want, and the audio interface built in. You'd still have to get Traktor Pro for software, but I'm pretty sure it comes with LE which you could mess with for a bit until you could afford Pro.

Honestly though, the best controller IMO for $500 or less, is the A&H Xone DX.

It comes WITH the itch software, and can be mapped for traktor. It has 4 channel control and the smaller jogs. Really, take a solid look at this.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

You can get the Xone: DX for under $500? Wow.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    You can get the Xone: DX for under $500? Wow.
    Yeah, they recently dropped the price to $499. It's a DEAL honestly, best controller for the money IMO. If that had been that price 6 months ago, I think you'd have seen a lot more people with them and less with the S4. I probably would have gotten one myself honestly, but I'm happy with where I went.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Man it's still £500 (that's $800!) here. Living the UK sucks for gear. I need to make a trip over to the states..
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The Twitch would be good and gives the ability to use Traktor or Itch. Do you have software now? If you do and sell it you could you bump your budget just a little and get an S2. A little birdy also told me that if you call the DJTT store you might get a better deal on an S2 than what's listed on the site.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

+1 on the twitch. If you are using a lot of cuepoints and loops, and dont need jogs, its a pretty fly controller.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    Honestly though, the best controller IMO for $500 or less, is the A&H Xone DX.
    Wait, what?

$500. Seriously? Yeah…buy it. I remember being told there are some slight mapping issues with Traktor, but that was a long time ago. If I didn't have what I already have, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

If they ever release the Bridge for Itch, I'll probably order one the next day.

Tech Student

I just bought the Xone DX for 500. What a deal, i never in my life thought i would fine such a steal. The Twitch looks awesome too thanks for the awesome suggestions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast