Traktor setup for around $500 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

get a twitch and buy a second hand midi fighter or launchpad
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

Tech Mentor

In the same exact situation as this guy haha. Started off with a RMX and now looking to upgrade. Looking at the Twitch and the Xone DX.
    How's the quality of the Xone DX...all the buttons and faders etc?
    I'm really torn between these two controllers.
    (Already have TP2)
    TRAKTOR Kontrol S4 | Hercules RMX |Blackbook Pro | HDJ 500
    Soundcloud.com/Pooniwala

100 more and get an S2
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Wala View Post
    In the same exact situation as this guy haha. Started off with a RMX and now looking to upgrade. Looking at the Twitch and the Xone DX.
    How's the quality of the Xone DX...all the buttons and faders etc?
    I'm really torn between these two controllers.
    (Already have TP2)
    IM IN THE SAME SITUATION TOO. I want to sell my rmx, and but either a launchpad or dx.

Muzic freq, why would you prefer the kontrol s2 over these controllers?

The S2 would be the choice if you have the $$. Remember though, look at what you want to do, and get a controller that will allow you to do this. Do you want jog wheels? Do you use FX, loops, samples or hot cues? Do you want to run timecode at some point? Don't buy a controller just because you have the money, if you could save up another week and buy something better/more suited to your needs.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    The S2 would be the choice if you have the $$. Remember though, look at what you want to do, and get a controller that will allow you to do this. Do you want jog wheels? Do you use FX, loops, samples or hot cues? Do you want to run timecode at some point? Don't buy a controller just because you have the money, if you could save up another week and buy something better/more suited to your needs.
    This guy has the right answer.

Personally, I'd pick the xone:dx over the S2 and the Twitch, but I like mixing with more than 2 decks and like my mixer to be in the same place. I also have other controllers around to do everything else that I'd want to do…pretty much. I probably won't because I still don't want to use an all-in-one and I like my X1s better than the deck sections of the dx, but…yeah. It's a good controller that feels pretty darn good. If I weren't so set in my ways or if I were starting out, I'd be happy with it for a long time.

There are things I don't think it does well, but mostly that's stuff that I'm already doing (and already have the controllers for), stuff that requires other controllers that the dx isn't set up for (IG mapping for the MF, and the like), or actually using physical decks without a computer. And it actually does that better than most because it can just mix 4 through sources…you just have to be running Itch to do it.

It's kind of impressive.

Tech Wizard

damn i would buy an DX immediatelly for 500$.
    Really sucks having to pay 700 here

Tech Mentor

i like the twitch more than the dx. Lighter, easier to carry, slicer! and no jog wheels!

Tech Wizard

i like the concept of the twitch. but i think the dx has a better build quality and no low output issue...
    i'm curious if anyone has ever played with the twitch on a big sound system in a club A2B with CDJ's. If this works i would still consider the twitch.

Unless you need superior jog wheel control, I still feel the DX is probably the best option. It has a hell of a soundcard in it too, and has great options for Ableton, Itch, and Traktor mappings. (And it works with Itch, which having that as an option really is not a bad thing).

I wish I had the cash for one, honestly. I don't want to get rid of my tables for any reason, but this would make traveling so much easier lol.

I'm really debating about finding a place that has a payment plan and picking it up, if I can find one with a good price.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12