1210 overhaul

Thread: 1210 overhaul

Tech Wizard

Default 1210 overhaul

Hi guys

I've been pushing an overhaul of my beloved 1210's for quite some time now - living with the flaws. But now it's time

As the Pitch is awful - recalibrated it a few times without fixing it i have concluded that my faders is shot. I get the +/- 8% but the curve on how much it pitches is dodgy. On #1 1210 the 0% to -3% on the fader is 0% to -6 in Traktor leaving the remaining 5% on the fader to only adjust 2% on Traktor.
    On #2 1210 it's something like that too but on the + side instead.

I have bought two new faders and two popuplight conversions (while it's open i'm changing both, only on bulb is dead right now)

What is concerning me is that sometimes #1 loses one of the channels. I can fix this buy taking the pickup housing (Ortofon Concorde) of or loosing and tightening it a few times.
    The old ghetto trick by licking lightly on the 4 connectors also works from time to time.

As i have understand the connectors in the arm is supported by springs. Maybe they are binding from the years. I think my turntables is 20 years old.
    My plan is to soak the end of the arm in Contactcleaner - any thoughts?

As you can see i have put some thought into this before i start but maybe someone has some inputs that i should take into consideration before i start/while im "in there anyway".

Thanks in advance

If you haven't already internally grounded your TT's i would internally ground them.. Also replace the RCA's and perhaps power cable so everything is basically new coming out of it,

Quote Originally Posted by Zster View Post

What is concerning me is that sometimes #1 loses one of the channels. I can fix this buy taking the pickup housing (Ortofon Concorde) of or loosing and tightening it a few times.
    The old ghetto trick by licking lightly on the 4 connectors also works from time to time.

As i have understand the connectors in the arm is supported by springs. Maybe they are binding from the years. I think my turntables is 20 years old.
    My plan is to soak the end of the arm in Contactcleaner - any thoughts?
    I had a similar problem with 2 out of 3 Blue Concordes. They didn't work with Serato. I used rubbing alcohol and q-tips to clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as the contacts in the tonearm. Working as it should for 10 months now.