New Audio 6 vs used Audio 8? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    yeah, I have traktor scratch pro I am going to upgrade to scratch pro 2.

I don't like the obligatory ac adapter, that's enough for me to get an audio 8 over it not to mention the price.
    Fair enough.

The plug is a small issue but not a deal breaker for me. I plug my laptop in standard so when i play shit needs plugging in.

I like that it's new so under warranty. I like the thru, no multicore nonesense, the lights are super pretty too

Not sure I hear you on price. You just bought a DB4.

For me my mixer at home is important but my gear for playing out is equally if not more important
    Last edited by MaxOne; 11-02-2011 at 06:03 PM.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I like the thru, no multicore nonesense,
    that would be the only reason for to jump on the a6/a10 waggon but i don´t use tt´s/cdj´s in the clubs a lot.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Don't get me wrong, if i had an audio 8 i'd be happy.

For me there seemed no point buying a 2nd hand audio 8 then spending the extra money to upgrade to scratch pro 2... price wise i wouldn't save much

Might as well just plump for the latest newest package.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Don't get me wrong, if i had an audio 8 i'd be happy.

For me there seemed no point buying a 2nd hand audio 8 then spending the extra money to upgrade to scratch pro 2... price wise i wouldn't save much

Might as well just plump for the latest newest package.
    well it's $80 to upgrade to scratch pro 2 and $200 for a used audio 8 vs like $600 for scratch pro 2 package.

8 > 6 > 10.

I wish NI made cards with actual physical switches rather than relying on software. Why can't we turn on the pass through with a button? Or turn on/off the pre amps with a switch?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

I settled on the A6.

It provided just enough ins and outs for what I needed (2 decks + FX loop).

It has direct thru and the ability to be bus powered. Two features which I really like. For direct thru I just set it in the control panel and then close the laptop lid. Not having an external adapter means one less thing I need to plug in underneath my friend's setups when I want to use timecode. Also I can use the sound card potentially on the move at random outside locations where there is no power.

Its also small and light, space is a premium in my bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaek View Post
    I settled on the A6.

It provided just enough ins and outs for what I needed (2 decks + FX loop).

It has direct thru and the ability to be bus powered. Two features which I really like. For direct thru I just set it in the control panel and then close the laptop lid. Not having an external adapter means one less thing I need to plug in underneath my friend's setups when I want to use timecode. Also I can use the sound card potentially on the move at random outside locations where there is no power.

Its also small and light, space is a premium in my bag.
    Can someone explain how direct thru works on the a6/10?

You have to set something in a software panel?

I remember when I had my SL3 when you had the power supply plugged in if it wasn't connected via usb it automatically went to pass thru mode. So you could yank the usb cable out and it would switch to pass thru. At least that's how I remember it, those days are a little foggy.

Tech Mentor

I bought an A6 in June for the inputs to record out of the mixer back into Traktor. I actually use Traktor Pro 2 in external mode and did exactly what you said. Decks A & B each go to a channel on the mixer and C&D as sample decks go together to another channel. In August I bought a Xone DX that has a 20 channel sound card so I do have the ability to have each deck separate on its own channel but I just don't really need it. The A6 is just back up gear now but if I ever want to get turntables and upgrade to scratch pro, I can do that. It just sucks that it would still cost $340 even with owning the A6. You would think NI would cut a break since I have TP2 but no, its like you have to buy it all over again.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Can someone explain how direct thru works on the a6/10?

You have to set something in a software panel?

I remember when I had my SL3 when you had the power supply plugged in if it wasn't connected via usb it automatically went to pass thru mode. So you could yank the usb cable out and it would switch to pass thru. At least that's how I remember it, those days are a little foggy.
    You set the thru on the deck.....click on the letter on the deck and it gives you options, track deck, sample deck or live input.

How do you do it without opening traktor?

I bet this is gunna be a pain without the official drivers...
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast