The Very New Guy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default The Very New Guy

Hello guys I am new to the forums , this is not a greeting, immin need of help. I was a former dj forum member but idk what happened to that site, but I have some equipment : 2 technic M3d's and recently got a djm 800, I don't know jack about the djm 800 , but I'm learning slowly. My question is what kind of speakers can you run through the djm 800 and where do i plug my turntables at? Yes very stupid questions but believe it or not I been searching through google and YouTube to find NOT even one video or tut or conversation about setting up a djm 800. Also I have some stereo speaker can I use those? I don't have a amp or PA , also, is there anyway I can play without a comp? I have vynils and stuff but immstill brand Spanking mew to this

Tech Mentor

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allensmusic View Post
    LOL

First the mixer doesn't carry any power for the speakers so you'll either have to run out of where it says master out to an amp and then to speakers or from the master out to some powered speakers. That connection is called an XLR connection and is very common in the pro audio world. You could also run 1/4" TRS out of the booth out if you wanted and have both setups.

If you don't have and amp and you're just doing this at home or in the bedroom you could run it to a home stereo receiver and get some XLR to RCA adapters.

Next you'll plug your TT's into channels 2, 3 or 4 where it says phono.

Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Allensmusic View Post
    Lol thanks for being the only one posting

^^lol. Ill let someone else cover the questions but I am stoked to be the founder of djforums!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    LOL

First the mixer doesn't carry any power for the speakers so you'll either have to run out of where it says master out to an amp and then to speakers or from the master out to some powered speakers. That connection is called an XLR connection and is very common in the pro audio world. You could also run 1/4" TRS out of the booth out if you wanted and have both setups.

If you don't have and amp and you're just doing this at home or in the bedroom you could run it to a home stereo receiver and get some XLR to RCA adapters.

Thank you for explaining abit about the speakers and outputs, I have one other question do I really need serato to just practice and play at home?

i got the same mixer.
    to be able to have the sounds on PA you need another power amp. i use this
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/PMP518M.aspx
    Run the booth out to the inputs of this powered mixer, and the output to your PA system.

Connect your turntables at the Phono input of your DJM800

duh..i was late..
    btw nice explanations up there, thanks Boosh

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    LOL

excuse me for being nosy,

but for what reason should he get XLR -> RCA? Can it possible be better than RCA -> RCA. I know XLR -> XLR is a completely different thing and that way sure, its a better transportway.
    Why im asking is cuz i hook up my djm 800 with rca masters out to my hi fi stereo amp.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    excuse me for being nosy,

but for what reason should he get XLR -> RCA? Can it possible be better than RCA -> RCA. I know XLR -> XLR is a completely different thing and that way sure, its a better transportway.
    Why im asking is cuz i hook up my djm 800 with rca masters out to my hi fi stereo amp.
    I have RCA to RCA cable but I just don't know where to plug it in:/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast