[RS002] Restricted Sessions Studio 2 - tekki
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Lightbulb [RS002] Restricted Sessions Studio 2 - tekki

Before this MIDI DJing became a part of my live, I just used to carry my BCR around, like it was only my business.

It wasn't until this little beauty of a MIDIfighter was made possible I decided to up my game.

I decided to redo my square meter by building this DIY desk. On which I could place my MacBookPro, Audio4DJ, BCR2000 and MIDIfighter.

While practicing more and more, I started to land some gigs, so I needed a bag in which I could carry my gear.
    A little bit of modding offered me a great bag with more than enough room to even add some additional items as well.

At that time I also had the pleasure of finally getting to grips with the S4. This controller was so much more than the blueprint I had seen more than a year earlier on. This was something I had to get eventually:

But that would mean I would have to get rid of this stuff first....

I first decided to upgrade my square meter, IKEA-hacks AWAAAAAAY!!!!

Heyyyyy, isn't this picture familiar?!

(And yes, that is my daughter Riley's first pink laptop in the upper left corner)

This was the eventual result. (picture was taken during my recording of the 2nd Techno/TechHouse Mix train, which was finished first.

While doing a review for a dutch DJ webshop, called tonecontrol.nl, I fell in love with the sound of the Pioneer HDJ-500. So I decided to keep the review copy.

And guess what arrived beginning of this year, with compliments of Ean Golden himself:

(Still paying off on that one. )

With this we also heard two other things, one we were expecting our second daughter, two we had sold the apartment.
    This last one meant that I would finally get me some more MIDIspace.

This means that I am back to square one. Just finished building the production desk with the aid of IKEA before we had our second daughter.

When things mellow out I will start building a decent DJ booth. Just be sure to check back when the updates have taken place.

Last edited by tekki; 03-13-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Dude, where can I get some of those headphone ear pads?

Same set up as me!! looks great. I still think you've got the sexiest looking midi-fighter I've seen to date!! The white arcades and clear top look sweet!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by bmwnutfrombirth View Post
    Dude, where can I get some of those headphone ear pads?
    Well, I bought my AKG headphone on thomann.de. Maybe you could try them, or try akg.com.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Same set up as me!! looks great. I still think you've got the sexiest looking midi-fighter I've seen to date!! The white arcades and clear top look sweet!!
    Thanks man, got MIDIfidler to thank for that design!

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    I have to agree with this man.

Thanks man!

Mines the same colour scheme as the one in the instant gratification video. Tempted to order some white buttons and clear top from the store and create you a UK doppelgänger!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Default Re: [RS002] Restricted Sessions Studio 2 - tekki

Just go for it man, I always love clean and clear interfaces, so I was stoked when it arrived with white buttons!
    Never ever had the desire to buy other buttons!

Short update, 'on location' picture with the added Pioneer HDJ-2000 I got for dirt cheap!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast