Heeeeeeeelp

Thread: Heeeeeeeelp

Tech Convert

Default Heeeeeeeelp

Ok i managed to figure traktor pro 2 out. The only problem is for the time being im not going to be using anything external no mixers, cdjs, controllers i'm purely just going to be using my laptop, traktor pro 2 and some headphones.

Now i need some help if you can enlighten me. If and when i want to cue up the next track how do i do this without it being heard on the internal recorder surely theres a mix button where i can cue up the bpm etc

is this poss as ive been reading i may need a 2nd sound card.

Take down the channel fader, or move the cross fader.

You can only cue to your headphones if you have a DJ sound card, or a headphone splitter (in which case you will need to go mono and seperate the output in preferences)

No, you need one soundcard, just the right type of soundcard

Most DJ soundcards have two stereo outs, one for the master, one for the cue, whereas most laptops have a single stereo out.

Most peeps on here recommend the Native Instruments Audio 2 as a good starter card - usually under a ton and plenty to keep you going as you start out.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Convert

yeh im currently in the process of arranging an audio 2, i do have a headphone splitter though so what would i have to do with that and the settings if you dont mind me asking. Its probs something so easy but im not the brightest lol

What kind of splitter?

1 stereo to 2 stereo, or 1 stereo to 2 x mono?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Convert

its just a lead i got for my iphone so two of us could watch movies with seperate headphones lol

The splitter I was speaking of seperates the stereo channel from your headphone out into 2 mono connections. One for your head phones and the other for speakers. Not sure where you could pick one up though as the one I had came with an Scs.3 system from Stanton.

The one you have wouldn't work though.