How to cue up music?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to cue up music?

Can you listen to the next track in your headphones? and yes btw I just started. I'd like to know where the next song is when i am using the cross fader ... or do you guys just set up cue points before your mix and know already where u are going into the song?

can you tell us what you use for mixing software/hardware etc.?
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    can you tell us what you use for mixing software/hardware etc.?
    im waiting for my macbook / traktor s4 & seinheisser hd25-II to arrive next week so for now I am just fooling around on Virtual DJ on my desktop pc.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeCz View Post
    or do you guys just set up cue points before your mix and know already where u are going into the song?
    Ask Steve Angello about that one...

Can you listen to the next track in your headphones? and yes btw I just started. I'd like to know where the next song is when i am using the cross fader ...
    what hardware/software are you using?

most controllers and mixers have a headphone cue button on the channel strip

You need at least a 2 channel soundcard such as a NI Audio 2 or Numark DJIO to be able to hear two tracks at once.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

im waiting for my macbook / traktor s4 & seinheisser hd25-II to arrive next week so for now I am just fooling around on Virtual DJ on my desktop pc.
    vdj should have a cue button but you need a soundcard with a second stereo channel to use it.

i´d say just wait for your stuff to come. it wouldn´t make much sense to get a dj soundcart now since you´re going to be fully equipped next week
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

so with the macbook & s4 can i listen to 2 tracks at once?

yes the s4 has a built in soundcard
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Thanks! Can someone answer the 2nd part of my question? When you guys are doing a set or mixing do you use the headphones to cue up the next song or do you guys pretty much know at what point you are going to go into the next song?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast