playlists in TSP2 have disappeared - anyway to recover them?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default playlists in TSP2 have disappeared - anyway to recover them?

Hi all,

I'm a recent convert from serato to TSP2 and have hardly used it much still setting up my tracks and playlists before playing out with it - today when i turned it on it said something about the settings resetting and something about where the old ones were stored - because it said they WERE stored somewhere i didnt panic and subsequently didnt read it very well...
    so now my traktor playlists arent there and I cant find where they are stored or how to add them back in...does anyone know if i've lost them?

sorry did look on quite a few forums for the answer before posting but couldnt find... thx in advance
    Last edited by Mad Abbott; 11-03-2011 at 06:34 PM.

are they just missing from the favorites column?

Double click on collection in browser column on left of screen. In the drop down box should be your playlists. Double click and they should be there. if not, then I am afraid they may be gone.

I dont think they save automatically. My understanding is you have to save playlists manually, as Nothing is actually stored in taktor itself. it just points to where you tracks are stored on harddrive.

Good luck.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

yeh i mean playlists sub header is there followed by demo loops, demo one shots, demo tracks, preparation and scratch samples but the ones i created are disappeared :-(

its also looking like all the beat gridding i've done is gone! :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Abbott View Post
    its also looking like all the beat gridding i've done is gone! :-(
    Im afraid your playlist are gone then sorry mate.

Tough lesson to learn. once you re-create them right click on playlist then save to your desired location.

as for the beatgrids, these are saved in the id3 tags and should be the same.

It does pay to lock when you have finished with your grid. as if you are analyses your tracks on load up or what not. this may be the culprit of your beatgrids changing.

spend a night with a couple of cold ones going through all of tracktors settings to fine tune to your tastes.

Anymore questions, happy to help.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

thanks Zaniac...not too bothered about the playlists as I didnt have many and can pretty much remember or work out what was in them - however beat gridding took ages. I locked all the tracks when I finished beatgridding them for sure...now i'm finding the tracks in the history and it seems totally random what is still locked and what looks like its never been touched before...totally frustrating as every forum i've seen says beatgridding should be kept regardless
    I have no idea how this has happened.

not sure how to save a new playlist then, when i right click i dont get any option mentioning save?

actually it looks like they are still locked (and thus beatgridded correctly) - you have to actually drag some of them onto a turntable before the lock appears again...strange..

if you can help me with the saving of playlists question tho still that would be great thx

Traktor backs up the collection when you close it down. Import a backup.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

sure thing mate, will have a look tonight when I am home from work and check back

someone may pop up with the answer in the meantime.

P.S. I have resorted to using itunes to sort my playlists.

traktor playlist still need a bit of tweeking, so therefore itunes wins in that regard. And you can access your itunes through the same browser in traktor.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Just a note Traktor always works best when playing tracks out of your collection. Browsing for tracks through the iTunes node is fine, just be sure you import your songs into the collection first to get the best performance from Traktor. You only need to import them once.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast