Sharing my Music sorting procedure - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post

On a side note, it is not uncommen for me to clear traktors collection on occasion and only import what I need. (also best done prior to performance)

P.S. a special thanks to all the forum members who I have gained this handy information from. and thankyou to the community for making it a great place to be a part of. THANKYOU
    Noob question... wouldn't you loose your cue points and stuff if you cleared your collection?
    ....and....
    well said,
    DJ Tech Tools is awesome. filled with bright people who are very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pbcrazy9898 View Post
    Noob question... wouldn't you loose your cue points and stuff if you cleared your collection?
    Good question, but all of the cues points, grids etc are saved in the id3 tag of the track. So clearing Traktors collection is fine.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

sebastiannz

good tips. I've been thinking about a way to unify my music collection under iTunes. At the moment I use Traktor, iTunes and rekordbox and it's all a bit time consuming. I'd rather use iTunes because the smart playlist thing is cool. The only problem is I HATE iTunes. I guess I'll just have to get over that

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiannz View Post
    The only problem is I HATE iTunes. I guess I'll just have to get over that
    I was in this boat as well. Now Im a fanboy.

Once you set up the smart playlists its all too easy.

For example Im on a tech house buzz. And have been building my library. now that I have a genre smartplayist, as soon as I drag a tech house tracks into itunes it goes straight to the tech house playlist. From there I can search by date added etc...
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

sebastiannz

I was in this boat as well. Now Im a fanboy.

Once you set up the smart playlists its all too easy.

For example Im on a tech house buzz. And have been building my library. now that I have a genre smartplayist, as soon as I drag a tech house tracks into itunes it goes straight to the tech house playlist. From there I can search by date added etc...
    yeah the smart playlists thing is cool and traktor doesn't have that. At the moment I have three different folders for different eneryg levels (1 = low energy, 3 = high), and I drag and drop mp3s into each of these folders. Once they are in the correct folder I drag and drop them into Traktor. It is a bit slower than smart playlists would be! It is also far less dynamic in the event I want to create a folder outside this concept. I.e. a 'tech house' folder. Dragging and dropping files is too awkward compared to group-editing tags.

:^ just be sure to set up all itunes preferences the way you want to before you get right into it. Eg. the main reason I avoided itunes to begin with is that i didnt want it to duplicate my music as I dont buy a lot from itunes. But now I have set my options to not duplicate. That little hurdle holding me back is now gone. Ah the simple things

P.S are you a Wellington local. I am from Wellington myself (Wainuiomata)

Tech Mentor

Thanks for writing this up! I've been meaning to clean up my library but haven't gotten around to it yet. I really like the idea of having chill tracks and your dance bangers/anthems organized.
    TRAKTOR Kontrol S4 | Hercules RMX |Blackbook Pro | HDJ 500
    Soundcloud.com/Pooniwala

sebastiannz

P.S are you a Wellington local. I am from Wellington myself (Wainuiomata)
    yep I'm from mt vic! you play out around here much? there are some good house gigs on these days.. mi casa tu casa, what happened to the techno, etc.

I left Wellington mid 2007 Im creeping up 30 now. back when I was running reckless around town there was a big group of my friends who played and partied all night to Hardhouse. as much as I enjoyed that scene, I would always drop it for a good gig of breaks & d&b at my favourite club in town (also where I met my wife) Sandwidges.

More often than not you would find me there ripping up the D floor (albiet awkwardly flapping my arms around lol)

sebastiannz

sandwiches is still going strong they added a mexican restaurant into the bar bit, which is a bit weird (good nachos though).

soo... was just about to start setting up iTunes and then realised when in traktor that they still haven't added in the cover art column in the browse area. or is that just my traktor being crap?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast