Keyboard maps? How do you do?
    Tech Wizard

Default Keyboard maps? How do you do?

How do you set your keyboard as an extension of Traktor Pro?

Post your map!
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 HW + firmware 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio Kontrol 1, Korg Microkontrol.

Hey dude. well when i started with traktor i had no controller so it was a case of mapping out the leyboard with as many keys as possible to minimise mouse use. Its really personal preference how you want to set it up. Heres a few examples i used tho

Set Enter/Return as Play/Cue set it to focus
    Use the left and right arrows for crosssfading
    Set up the keypad if you have one for EQ's and kills
    Use Space as Sync Deck set that to focus too
    On T3 i had F1-F4 as punch in Deck but cant use that in Pro dang it

Cover or paint all the keys you use so you remember what they all do!

Even with no controller i still had it mapped to the stage where i only needed the mouse to start the program basically. Takes a while but worth it.
    Have a look at mine and modify it for your own style.
    Last edited by Jester; 03-12-2009 at 06:34 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Hey dude. well when i started with traktor i had no controller so it was a case of mapping out the leyboard with as many keys as possible to minimise mouse use. Its really personal preference how you want to set it up. Heres a few examples i used tho

Even with no controller i still had it mapped to the stage where i only needed the mouse to start the program basically. Takes a while but worth it.
    do you have tsk as well? (i guess, when u refered to punches..)
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

I'll have a look. still have 3.4 on the machine so i guess so

Update: I think this is it! no promises tho

Its set up for full keyboard if ur on lappy will have to change it to your specs
    Last edited by Jester; 03-12-2009 at 06:57 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Hi guys,

Thanks for replying!

Yeah, I used to map when I didn't have a controller. Now, with my VCI 100, i'm a bit lazy... but trying to find out whats the best layout to add controller to my VCI and also to be an alternative controller for traktor.

Anyone else with Traktor pro keyboard map?
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 HW + firmware 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio Kontrol 1, Korg Microkontrol.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post

Question - what do you do for faders and knobs if you need to gradually bring them down/up? I can only imagine a keyboard would mostly be useful for switches, kills and punches.

well i have a .tks for t3. i covered almost every important function on it from play buttons to cuepoint juggling and it worked for me a long time...even used it at a club with my nice panda board
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by biosyn View Post
    Question - what do you do for faders and knobs if you need to gradually bring them down/up? I can only imagine a keyboard would mostly be useful for switches, kills and punches.
    Set the buttons to auto repeat then you can use them sort of as an automated knob, i used min resolution for my mappings

Tech Guru

i got lucky. armyofme's hercules rmx mapping came with a full keyboard map for 4 deck que points.

i really need to buy that girl a beer or something. that mapping totally changed my dj world.