Has anyone used the A&H K2 yet ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has anyone used the A&H K2 yet ?

If so would it be good to use one with a kontrol x1 ?

Using the x1 for Deck a/b , And the K2 for sample decks ?
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No-one has DJ/played on one yet as they are not in production but I have messed about with one (not connected to a laptop) just to get a feel for it.

I think the K2 would be great for the sample decks.

Traktor Bible will be bringing a lot of info on the K2 soon.

I used two at the BPM expo a month or so ago and didn't like it simply because of the mapping was complicated.

But if i bought one and mapped it to how i want i could really see myself using it for sample decks and stuff. With the connection to other K2's and the DB4 i can really see myself going for it after using 2 K2's and a DB4 at BPM..

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    I used two at the BPM expo a month or so ago and didn't like it simply because of the mapping was complicated.
    Which mapping was it. I believe Richard made 2 mappings. One that emulated the Kontrol X1 and one for the Sample Decks.

2.1.1 had just been released so i guess the mapping were probably a little rushed.

There will be a plethora of mappings available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Which mapping was it. I believe Richard made 2 mappings. One that emulated the Kontrol X1 and one for the Sample Decks.

2.1.1 had just been released so i guess the mapping were probably a little rushed.

There will be a plethora of mappings available soon.
    I have no idea as i was more interested in the DB4 than the K2 as i am a X1 user so i just wanted a loop created so i could mess with the DB4 and the guys from the stand were very helpful but had no idea how to create a loop with the mapping. The guy that created the mapping was busy or away i can't remember. So once i got the loop i kinda just left it be.

But i liked the build quality of it and feel of the buttons etc. I didn't think i would want one but now that i have fully seen its possibilities i think i may get rid of my X1 for 2 of them..

Sweet, Thanx guys.

Have they scheduled a release date for it yet ?
    Would love one for christmas.
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by Rkid_Dan View Post
    Sweet, Thanx guys.

Have they scheduled a release date for it yet ?
    Would love one for christmas.
    I think it is getting released after xmas around January as i was wanting one for xmas..

I'm contemplating purchasing, Simply because i can't afford a maschine and i think i may be able to compensate with the sample decks in traktor.

If not i might get a launchpad and work something out.

Correct me if I'm wrong but would it not also be possible to use the K2 as a 4 channel "mixer" with the X1 controlling decks A + B?

If that were the case you wouldn't really need a mixer, you could just throw both in your bag and go rock a gig...
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but would it not also be possible to use the K2 as a 4 channel "mixer" with the X1 controlling decks A + B?

If that were the case you wouldn't really need a mixer, you could just throw both in your bag and go rock a gig...
    From what I understand this is possible, with Traktor set to internal mixing ofcourse.

Would you still be able to cue your tracks though ?
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast