Thinking about giving Traktor a serious go
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thinking about giving Traktor a serious go

So after being a dedicated Serato user since they came out I am now thinking about jumping ship and giving Traktor a run for its money. The feature set and customization is whats catching my eye now. Since I have been using Itch for the last 9 months I have gained a strong appreciation for controller based DJ'ing vs CD/Vinyl/DVS setups. Needless to say I am finding out I can do more with less hardware now.

I just got a Xone DX to replace my VCI-300 and attempted to map it to the Traktor Pro Demo. I either have something not right or its not possible to do with the demo version. Anyways I wanted to give it a try with a controller as mixing via the UI just isn't going to cut it for me.

The second question I have is if I get Scratch Pro 2 version will I be able use it with my controller as well?? I am really wanting to be able to mix and match with control sources which should give me a combination to use either the 4 decks on the DX or TT/DVS with the ability to use the occasional old piece of wax for those special moments. Also liking the idea I can drop my spare laptop into the mess and do a head to head stuff with the DX vs the DVS.

Anyways I look forward to any input/help and please do not railroad this to a Serato vs Traktor thread. I do love Serato product but just limited on what I want to do now with my setup, hence my inquiry here.

Aaron

Tech Guru

you need traktor scratch pro to do the timecode bits, yea you should be able to map your controller using the demo of pro i think. if your having problems with mapping check out my book its in my sig

Quote Originally Posted by djlightning View Post
    The second question I have is if I get Scratch Pro 2 version will I be able use it with my controller as well??
    Yes, and go for it.

Ok, Demo is running now... had to manually reassign the in/out ports. Now to play around with the various TSI files for this controller and RTFM

I will add it seems to be taxing my MBP with 2 decks and the occasional popping/crackling sound out the mains.

I think this could be a dangerous adventure
    MIXCRATE - Mixify

2 1200's - A wall of wAx - SSL - DDJ-SX

Make sure you disable wireless and Bluetooth on the MBP and see if that stops the popping. Also up your latency in traitors settings. Generally around 10ms will see you safe. Good luck dude.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

*Traktors* not traitors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    *Traktors* not traitors!!!
    Heh, I thought it was a backhanded comment about him switching from Serato....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Freudian slip!!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Make sure you disable wireless and Bluetooth on the MBP and see if that stops the popping. Also up your latency in traitors settings. Generally around 10ms will see you safe. Good luck dude.
    What I thought this only applied to pc????

Mostly it does. But can also affect macs with low latency settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast