DVS/Timecode + controller(s)

Default DVS/Timecode + controller(s)

Hi guys,
    I have a question i can't answer myself, and as i didn't find any info on this, i need help from you people who have used/are using a DVS/Timecode system.

Correct me if i'm wrong but when you use DVS/Timecode, Traktor Scratch Pro 2 reads/analyses what you do to the timecode sound, and then applies it to the track in Traktor, right ?

Then, if the statement above is true, i'm wondering what's happening when you are using a controller at the same time.
    I have a Kontrol X1 (default mapping) and let's say i use Timecode system on my CDJs.

What if i put a loop with the X1 ?
    The CD won't be looped, but through the controller i gave Traktor the order to make a loop.

Isn't there a conflict in Traktor ?

Samething for the pitch control. If i use a controller to add for example +1% to the tempo, but on the CDJ i dont change the pitch fader. What's gonna happen ?

I'm confused, if you guys could help me on this, because i'm planning to buy TSP2 and a timecode system, but i want to be sure of what i will be able to do or not.

Thanks

Loops are no problem with timecode; the timecode has a "relative" mode so that the record or CD keeps playing but your loops stay where they are, so there's no real conflict. Pitch changes will conflict so you can only use timecode or your controller to mess with the speed and direction. If you wnat to use your controller you can switch back to internal playback using the "play" button, and then select "relative" mode again when you're ready to play with your turntable. Traktor used to have a problem with this conflict where if you touch a controller jog wheel while in timecode mode it would totally destroy the track (speed it up, play it backwards, or do some other annoying voodoo), but that seems to have been fixed so now it gracefully does nothing. Best thing to do is be aware of when you're in timecode mode and when you're in internal mode. Having a Kontrol X1 makes this really easy by the way
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

WHOA!!!

MAGIC!

LOL

The wonders of DVS!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin