Upgrading to Pro from expired LE

Default Upgrading to Pro from expired LE

OK, when i got my VCI months back i installed traktor 3 LE for kicks, but continued using my vci-100 se with the t3 demo. I uninstalled LE not knowing that i had to register it within 30 days. So now I'm trying to install LE again, so i can use it to upgrade to Pro. The problem is the "NI authorization system" is timed out and it's asking for a serial (which it didn't come with - i.e. the "authorization system").

Is there something in the registry i can delete to trick this authorization system into thinking it's a new install.. Or, some other way around this? I just want to get the discount on the upgrade from LE.. that i should be entitled to.

does this make sense?

any takers?

it make sense aiden, best bet is to give NI customer service to see if they can help out
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

thanks for the reply jes, i'll try emailing 'em and c what they say.

opps, I forgot to put call NI customer service..call them
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

your VCI-100 does come with a serial for LE and your going to need that serial before you can upgrade from Traktor LE to Traktor Pro with the Traktor upgrade installer.

The serial isnt where you would expect it to be ... its stuck to a sheet of paper that comes with the vci

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The 30 Day registration is so that the Demo can be Activated and isnt time constricted. You should still be able to register it as long as you have the Serial Number .

You will definitely need your LE to be registered and authorised to be able to upgrade to Pro.

@BentoSan : If he has lost his Serial Number will Vestax have it on Record with his VCI Serial number ?

If not and all is lost, proof of purchase of the VCI/LE Package may be enough for Support to honour it . I will be glad to help if your member hits a brick wall.

hmm.. hopefully i left it in the box.. or.. maybe it's buried in a drawer.. guess i'll start digging.. thanks guys!