Nice and Fresh Top 40 Mix!
    Tech Mentor

Default Nice and Fresh Top 40 Mix!

Here's a mix I put together for a high school project.There were a one or two mistakes but there's no such thing as a perfect mix. Let me know what you guys think!

DJ Ro Top 40 Club Style Mix

Tracklist coming soon!

You have persistence which is a good thing.

I would not use 'fresh' to describe this mix as a lot of the songs are already old and worn out, some not even danceable (lil wayne). At least you are using some remixed versions.

Your mixes are often unexpected (not smooth) and confusing (into party rock anthem was "huh?!?!"). Some tracks just aren't meant to play together. Not sure if you are SYNC'ing or what, if the song is off beatmatch you need to bring it back quickly or cut to the next song to minimize your losses.

The name drop is a little bit, 'lol'... If you're going to use it, cut the length in 1/2 and/or echofade just "RO... Ro... ro..."

These are pretty basic things. Keep practicing and it will come together for you.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by inverted83 View Post
    You have persistence which is a good thing.

I would not use 'fresh' to describe this mix as a lot of the songs are already old and worn out, some not even danceable (lil wayne). At least you are using some remixed versions.

Your mixes are often unexpected (not smooth) and confusing (into party rock anthem was "huh?!?!"). Some tracks just aren't meant to play together. Not sure if you are SYNC'ing or what, if the song is off beatmatch you need to bring it back quickly or cut to the next song to minimize your losses.

The name drop is a little bit, 'lol'... If you're going to use it, cut the length in 1/2 and/or echofade just "RO... Ro... ro..."

These are pretty basic things. Keep practicing and it will come together for you.
    Thanks that's some really great advice! The name drop was the last thing I would have suspected criticized on, ha. Good advice though.

I see what your saying on not smooth. It wasn't as good as I've done in the past but I needed to record something and this was it. I didn't sync, I beatmatched when I dropped a song in on a drop in the other song I was pretty off and then I quickly just touched the song wheel or sped it up.

Would you have any mixes of yourself with this kind of music? I'd love to hear it. It would be awesome to hear what it would be like if I didn't do all the things above.