Cannot figure out how to get sound playing through traktor pro
    Tech Mentor

Default Cannot figure out how to get sound playing through traktor pro

Hi so I'm new here I couldn't find any threads specifically addressing my situation. I started mixing with deckadance and the audio worked fine on that, but I can't figure out how to set up traktor pro 1.2.7. I'm running windows vista for reference.

The program is working fine and I can mix songs but no sound is coming out.

I don't have an external mixer, just computer and no external soundcard.

The two audio devices that show up are ASIO4ALL v2 and Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 (Wassapi (Shared Mode))

I've selected both of them and neither are working and I don't know if I have to mess around with output routing as well.

I'll check back often to see if you guys need any other info, thanks for the help.

Is it a legit copy?
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    Is it a legit copy?
    unfortunately not, I was planning on getting an s2 next week but I wanted to play around with traktor first and make sure everything would work on my computer first before dropping the money. It had positive feedback on the torrent site but since it's a copy is that the problem?

Yeah, I had a feeling that it wasn't! Tbh, its frowned upon to be using cracks here, so you wont get much help. But I'm sure once you get a legit paid for version it'll work fine, and if not you'll get plenty o' help round here

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    Yeah, I had a feeling that it wasn't! Tbh, its frowned upon to be using cracks here, so you wont get much help. But I'm sure once you get a legit paid for version it'll work fine, and if not you'll get plenty o' help round here
    Sorry about that, didn't know. And I was just wondering, how much does a dj's skill level evolve once they starting using hardware and putting more time into it? I just feel kinda skeptical about buying an s2 when I'm a beginner level dj that isn't very good at transitions or loops.

I was considering buying something less expensive, but since the s2 already comes with the latest version of traktor it's more bang for your buck. Other controllers I was considering were the numark mixtrack pro (comes with virtual though which is kinda frowned upon), novation twitch (maybe a little too complicated/don't really like the touch screen jogs), or the reloop contour interface edition (looks pretty simple, but unsure if using one jog wheel would be difficult).

Do you have any input or other recommendations?

download the free demo version and practice.
    nativeinstruments.com
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ST.PE` View Post
    download the free demo version and practice.
    nativeinstruments.com
    downloaded and installed demo, still having problems. not sure what to do.

Is it set to internal mode? Try running the setup wizard and configuring it that way.

I'd play around with the demo for a while once its working before you drop and cash on anything fancy.

preferences > audio device - choose ASIO4ALL
    preferences > output routing > output master - choose HD Audio Output (Or similar)

You get a pass seeing as you are new but please dont mention the P word around here. I would suggest grabbing the demo version of Pro and an Audio 2 soundcard to get you started. Peace
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "