Your opinion: DJM-250 vs Xone:22
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Your opinion: DJM-250 vs Xone:22

Hello DJTT'ers,

As my sig suggests, I am selling my Mixdeck and want to get some new gear.
    What I have in mind right now is going with an X1, Audio 2 soundcard, and a 2-channel mixer.

I looked around and the two models stated in the titel of this post grabbed most of my attention.

I know there are a lot of Xone lovers here on the forums, and also Pioneer lovers. And at the end of the day, what you prefer the most matters (i.e Traktor vs Serato).

But I found this one a tough call.
    I heard about the filter pops etc. of the Xone:22 (Thread about this here)
    And the overpriced Pioneer gear.

My question, I guess, is this: is there really something the Xone engineers forgot when building the 22 which makes it 'bad' ? And should I go with the Pioneer ?

I like the twin filters on the Pioneer too.

Thanks

EDIT: As a matter of fact, someone called 20 mins after posting this thread to ask if he could come and pick the mixdeck up tomorrow !
    If I take the DJM-250, it will be here in 2 days if I order it tomorrow. I have to wait 6 Weeks for the Xone:22.

should I go with the DJM-250 ?

Or are there any other mixers in this price range that i should take a look at ?
    Last edited by D.S.M.I.T.; 11-05-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

Tech Wizard

It's not that the engineers of allen & heath forgot it or didn't try to fix it . It's because it's analogue . All xone mixers have the pop unfortunately .

Tech Mentor

xone 22 is a perfect mixer, im extremely happy with it.

Ive had it for about 2 months now and i'd buy it again anytime. Never really noticed the filter pops, but you can also just "spam" push the filter button like 10 times before a session and it wont pop at all.

I'd say the Xone is all you'd want out of a mixer, especially the filters!

Quote Originally Posted by Retrow View Post
    xone 22 is a perfect mixer, im extremely happy with it.

Ive had it for about 2 months now and i'd buy it again anytime. Never really noticed the filter pops, but you can also just "spam" push the filter button like 10 times before a session and it wont pop at all.

I'd say the Xone is all you'd want out of a mixer, especially the filters!
    Do you use the FX loops function with an external effects box ? how does that work ?
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by moss2626 View Post
    All xone mixers have the pop unfortunately .
    Not true. My DB4 does not, but that's because the filter is digital (but sounds MUCH nicer then the one on the 92 in my opinion).

As an entry level mixer I always suggest the 22 to people. With this new Pioneer mixer, I just dont know which one is better. Would love to play with the DJM250 for a bit, seems like a really nice mixer!

I heard from a guy that recently, since A&H products are made in china, and not in the UK anymore, quality tends to go down.
    Pioneers are really strict on quality control, and their mixers can last for years without a single problem, but the sound might not be as good.
    I'm in a same dilema between DJM 800 and Xone 92, and A&H lack of reliability will probably make me go for Pioneer.

If anyone can confirm this, that would be cool (any Black Xone 92 owner would be nice since it's the product that seems to break the most )

Quote Originally Posted by addictive View Post
    Not true. My DB4 does not, but that's because the filter is digital (but sounds MUCH nicer then the one on the 92 in my opinion).

As an entry level mixer I always suggest the 22 to people. With this new Pioneer mixer, I just dont know which one is better. Would love to play with the DJM250 for a bit, seems like a really nice mixer!
    I like the look and filters of the djm-250 a lot but it doesn't have a booth nor record output like the Xone:22 does.

Couldn't you also leave the filter on and just turn the knob when you want to, which would aboid the pop ?
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

Tech Mentor

I chose the Xone because it was available in my country and I saw a deal go up where someone was trying to sell their second hand one for about half price.

However in hindsight even if I had to buy brand new I would probably buy it still. My 3 gripes with the mixer are these.

1) Filter pop. Its a product of analog circuits though.

2) Volume when monitoring both channels. This is because of the way they designed the cue knob. You can workaround it by turning up the headphone level. Just remember to turn it back down before you switch the cue to master. This is not a problem if you prefer to listen to only one channel in your headphones either.

3) Connected FX loop causing a lower volume. I have the FX loop connected back to my TA6 for post fader effects. When I engage the FX loop using the filter button for the channel there is noticeable drop in volume. Not a huge amount but slightly.
    In one of my tests I had the FX loop button (at the top of the mixer) off, but still when I engage the filter button the audio level drops.

Despite these gripes I still think I made the right choice. I love the output options on the mixer and I feel that the quality is quite good actually.
    I don't think I could live with the mediocre output options of the pioneer, how can you presume to make a professional product and then cripple it with such poor output options?

They don't call em Allen and Grief for nothing
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Buy what you want.....you gonna sell it within a year....guaranteed.

I got the 22 and put an Innofader in it. ITS SICK.

But yeah....will you be playing out with it?

If not, then all the above points are moot.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast