Serato Users Worldwide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Serato Users Worldwide

Anyone have an idea of an approximate figure of how many serato users there may be worldwide.

Tech Mentor

eleventeen trillion billion

Why do you need a number? Your just asking the trolls to come out and play
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I'm not in what context the answer would be useful, but the only people who'd know how many units they'd sold would be Serato.

Plus, as a 'club install' could have any number of users, I'd say it'd be impossible to tell.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Why do you need a number? Your just asking the trolls to come out and play
    hey, I resemble that remark!

Tech Student

Default re. Serato user worldwide

re. Anyone have an idea of an approximate figure of how many serato users there may be worldwide.

Doing research into serato's equipment for part of my music study and in,'how popular they are', i'm looking for just some sort of rough figure of how many users they may have. Not expecting in anyway an accurate answer. People are always going to give their sarcastic answers if they've really nothing better to do, though i'm looking for, and appreciate those who give sincere comments/feedback.

I have emailed serato themselves, though understanding they probably get a lot of emails to respond to, i thought i'd try others who may have some idea.

Hmmmm, I'd say you're still unlikely to get a meaningful answer. You'd also need to know the total number of DJ's worldwide to give it some context. 'Market share' would be a better statistic to give, however I seriously doubt you'll be able to find this out either.

At best, your original research will produce a conjectural and unverifiable figure. As well as pulling a number out of the air (say: 50 million), you'll have to explain why 50 million is a lot/a little and what the relevance of the number is. To do this, you'd also have to look into users of other systems. It's a bit of a rabbit-hole.

Far better for you to find some notable secondary sources that show that Serato is a market leader (whether it be a DJ magazine/website's survey or similar), and quote that with appropriate references.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 11-07-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

Default Serato users

Ok, thanks very much, appreciate your feedback.

Tech Mentor

serato will know how many units have been sold, but there is no way of knowing how many people use each unit. serato software is free. there could be dozens of users for each box sold. I own serato, and my buddy owns traktor. he also has serato software on his computer so when we work together he can just use my equipment. serato would count that as one user, and in fact the the answer is two.
    your quetion can not be answered with any accuracy at all, so the most anyone can do is guess. serato will know how many units they have sold, but there is no way for them to know how many units are sitting brand new in warehouses waiting to be sold by retailer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast