What next

Thread: What next

Default What next

Hey guys, a bit of a different question, not really looking to buy anything just wondering what you would purchase or do next.

I currently have the numark Mixdeck and i plan on keeping it, but for djing it is the only thing i have used and what i have learned on so i have no experience with any other type of dj equipment. So im still trying to learn what all the different types of equipment is.

Ive been reading a few sites concerning the equipment but still trying to learn. So im just wondering what equipment would you pair with the mixdeck to get a better setup? Im currently using the Mixdeck with Virtual Dj.

It depends on what you want to play on, and what you will likely play on in the future.

If you never plan on playing turntables, then why buy them. The same goes for CDJs.

If you are happy with a controller, then pick up another one.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

What Gryz said is pretty much dead nuts on. Decide what you're wanting to play on. On top of that, decide on a basic budget. I know we'd all be more than happy to help you out, but there are a few pieces of info we'd need to be of any use!

Tech Mentor

Have you thought about maybe popping into a DJ store and having a play around with some of the kit on display
    Surrey PA Hire

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Banger used to mean a hot track. Now it means link sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_London View Post
    Have you thought about maybe popping into a DJ store and having a play around with some of the kit on display
    I'd second this. Around here, and esp if I drive into Boston, Guitar Center has a ton of stuff on display. Most things that people will buy, honestly.

If you are pretty happy with what you have at the moment, then take a look at other options.

If you want to "add" onto your existing setup, figure out what else you would want to do, and go from there.

At this point in time you are only limited by your own creativity, time, and budget.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I moved from VDJ to Traktor pro 2 because of the nearly infinite options. Have you seen Ean Golden 's sweet mixes/mash ups with traktor ? It's incredible !
    And in my opionion, THE BEST way to control traktor is an S4 or an S2 if you 're on a tighter budget.

But if you wanna move away from software, I wouldn't wait too long after you mastered the basics.

thanks for the replies guys. Im not sure exactly what direction i would want to go thats why i was seeing what options i have. Mainly all my music is bought from the internet so if i went cd's or turntables i would have to buy a lot of music just to have enough to play around with.

I want to get into a guitar center soon but the closest one is 3 hours away and not sure when i can get up there. I do know at some point i would want to switch to something with 4 decks, but the only reason i havent used any other software besides VDJ is because thats what came with the Mixdeck.

I was looking at the Pioneer DDJ-S1 which seems like a good peice, but then i also see people using different equipment for effects and things like that. I guess that is where i am confused at is the fact that i dont know what all the other equipment is besides the controller since i have no one close to show me or a place to check it out yet. If i was to upgrade or add anything to my gear i would have around 1500 dollars or so to spend.

I wouldn't start looking at effect controllers or midi fighters just yet, whatever controller you buy, there 'll be something to control effects with. Unless you really want to be controllerist that can almost make an entirely new piece of music with just his controller(s). Then something aditional maybe great for you but I don't get the feeling this is what you had in mind.

I don't know a lot about serato but if you were very interested in 4 deck control, I would be looking at traktor and not serato because I heard at a panel that there is a 2 deck limit in serato, but maybe this has changed in a newer version. I am not sure.
    There is also a pioneer ddj-t1 but you probably already knew.

For the record MyUsername, Serato may have 4 deck if you use the right soundcard.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Thanks for the replies guys. I feel like maybe switching to Traktor would be beneficial?

I wish someone local would teach me a thing or two but being in West Texas there isnt to many dj's haha. So basically im a hands on learner and i feel like if the equipment was in front of me i would better understand the different things like CDJ's, midi fighters, etc.

Not really sure if i will even buy anything new just wanting to know the differences in equipment and if i wanted to upgrade from the mixdeck what equipment i should be looking at.