Electronic Cassette Tape Albums
    Tech Wizard

Default Electronic Cassette Tape Albums

So i just got a car that only has a cassette player and i dont really have the cash for a new stereo right now. So instead of listening to the pathetic excuse for what my town calls radio stations i thought id take on a little experiment and jam out to some old school cassette tapes for awhile. So what are some sick old skool electronic albums on tape? Or any other must have albums of that era? Cmon geezers let me here how it was in the good ol days
    DJ RAGyD

HP G62 Win 7 - Traktor Pro 2 - Live 8 - Akai APC 40 - Xone DX - Nano Pad

Idk about any good electronic tapes, but if you did want to listen to your iPod or something, you could always get one of the cassette audio adapters instead of buying a new stereo. This is what I'm talking about:
    DJ Setup: Serato DJ/(2) Vestax V7/Ecler Nuo 2.0// Production Setup: Logic Pro 9/M-Audio i-Control/M-Audio Keystation Mini 32/NI Audio 2 DJ/13" 2.3GHz MBP 500GB HD OSX Lion/AIAIAI TMA-1/Roland TR-707//

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJMeloD View Post
    Idk about any good electronic tapes, but if you did want to listen to your iPod or something, you could always get one of the cassette audio adapters instead of buying a new stereo. This is what I'm talking about:
    This
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Oh yeah i know, i have one of those layin around somewhere. just thought it would be kinda fun for awhile. and interesting to discover some good old music
    DJ RAGyD

HP G62 Win 7 - Traktor Pro 2 - Live 8 - Akai APC 40 - Xone DX - Nano Pad

didnt unkle's original essential mix from a few years ago start as a series of mixtapes?...i know too short had alot of mixtapes back in the day...i also have a few christopher lawrence and Paolo mixtapes waiting to be turned into mp3s...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

For the most part if it came out on cassette it would have to have been fairly commercial. Think 808 State or cassette singles of pop or 80's new wave that had remixes on them. The hard part is finding them which is an art in itself. I'm in a couple of local Goodwill's and thrift store's a week and almost never see good cassettes so good luck.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Oneohtrix Point Never's new album will be released on cassette. Ryan Elliott released a mixtape on cassette last year on Ostgut Ton.

Cassette is kinda hip right now and is enjoying a bit of a renaissance. If you look around, you should be able to find some stuff. I'm not into the format myself, so i can't really tell you what rocks and what doesn't...

dude there are a lot of people doing cassette releases now a days. theyre cheap and easy to produce, and as my friend put it when i was ribbing him for doing a cassette only release - plenty of people have cars with only tape decks.
    best place to find them - look around bandcamp.

Helter Skelter!
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud