Problem with AUDIO 2 DJ
    Tech Wizard

Default Problem with AUDIO 2 DJ

Hey there guys,

I have a big problem with my Audio 2 DJ Native Instruments Interface. The interface worked perfect around about 4 weeks ago. I went on a holiday then, only with macbook and upgraded the software to lion. I came back, wanted to do a quick session but the Audio Interface is no longer "read" by the computer. In the system preferences it says that "No native instruments usb device connected". In Traktor with the drivers installed, in the Audio list, I can select the card but in brackets it says that it is "not connected".

I tried:

Updating drivers.
    Other Traktor Versions
    Other MacBooks
    All USB ports
    Other sound cards (100% new and working audio 2DJ didn't work either).
    Other USB Cables

My Setup:

2x Denon DN SC 2000 USB
    1x Behringer DDM 4000
    1x Audio 2 DJ
    1x MacBook Pro 13" Early 2011, Lion OSX
    1x USB Hub with external electricity.

Please please help me quick since I have a very important gig on the 4th of December and really need everything to work perfect by then.

Nico.

I've never had a problem with mine, even on Lion. I waited a bit to upgrade, but everything still just works (apart from some known issues in Traktor that I actually don't really care about).

Does the Audio 2 show up in Audio MIDI Setup Utility? If so, can you use it for system output?

If it doesn't, I'd say go ahead and uninstall everything from NI and reinstall it. Backup your library and export a .tsi of your controller mappings but not the audio settings, reinstall, and try that. I don't remember whether I reinstalled after I upgraded to Lion or not, but I remember expecting that I would have to.

Also, I'd suggest downgrading your drivers first. Like…uninstall at least the drivers and then reinstall them from your Traktor CD (or disk image if you don't have a physical CD), see if it works…if it doesn't, then run Service Center.

Also, you might have more luck on the actual Traktor forums.

Sorry I couldn't be more help…I've never had that happen with anything but M-Audio cards, and for the most part the resolution was to stop buying Avid's prosumer level crap.

Tech Convert

btw i will post this here cause i cant find another traktor audio 2 post

in windows 7 you get a lot of crackles using the audio 2 with a laptop, i found this in traktor forums

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=145464

If U use laptop Disable "Microsoft ACPI-Complient Control Method Battery" in Device Manage(Battery category) ... Install the Latest driver 3.0 ..If it fix your problem please reply for another reference

thx to julynessi for the fix

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Majo View Post

in windows 7 you get a lot of crackles using the audio 2 with a laptop, i found this in traktor forums

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=145464

If U use laptop Disable "Microsoft ACPI-Complient Control Method Battery" in Device Manage(Battery category) ... Install the Latest driver 3.0 ..If it fix your problem please reply for another reference

thx to julynessi for the fix
    1x MacBook Pro 13" Early 2011, Lion OSX

Tech Convert