How do you use Decks C & D in Traktor?

Default How do you use Decks C & D in Traktor?

I have recently just gotten back to DJ'ing after many years away. I am using Traktor Pro and even though I started with vinyl way back in the day, I have embraced MIDI controllers as my preferred control mechanism (no DVS or Scratch for me)...

Anyway, I use Decks A&B for tracks. And Deck C for samples...but Deck D is basically empty. The sample deck implementation in Traktor is ok...but a little cumbersome for me. I think that the new Remix Decks in Traktor 2.5 will be better suited to how I want to work...but I still only see me using Deck C with Deck D remaining unused.

Any good creative uses of the 4th deck? or more generally, how are you using the 3rd and 4th decks?

i´m using deck c for tracks and deck d for a microphone. pretty lame but it does the job well!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Scratch sentence and Aca's or tracks.

i use a third deck (c) for mixing. its especially handy for remixing , that way you can change the beat half way thru or whatever and not have to worry about running out of time while youre remixing the track. (d) is set up as a sample deck for me, but i rarely use it. on Halloween i loaded scary samples to some of the slots and fired them off a few times. and they can be nice for an intro piece. under most circumstances im only using (a) and (b) but its very nice to me to have (c) as a track deck... i wish you could adjust the size of the decks (c) and (d) to match the top row, not being able to see all of your track headers can be a bit of a pain.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Mentor

With my workflow, I typically use deck C to cue up a third track. I don't like the current sample decks too much. Instead I use tracks with samples/buildups/breaks on them in deck D.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Same way that I use decks A and B, just not as often. Not uncommon for me to find myself with 3 tracks playing at once... 4 is less common but like the above response, it's useful to have a deck for setting up the next track coming in.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    With my workflow, I typically use deck C to cue up a third track. I don't like the current sample decks too much. Instead I use tracks with samples/buildups/breaks on them in deck D.
    I don't like the sample decks either. I custom mapped a Korg nanoKontrol2 to handle all the loading, playing, volume etc. of each slot in decks C&D as sample decks...but I just don't find myself using them as much. At most I use Deck C and that is it...I may use the new remix decks in 2.5 along with an F1...but again, I only see myself using deck C...
    Maybe deck D will just sit around for me to cue up a third track here and there...

I use them pretty much never. Maybe MAYBE as a sample deck, and the only sample I ever use is the transformer noise lol.

I haven't started utilizing this much yet, but I have deck C as a track deck and deck D as a sample deck. I use timecode with A and B, so when I just want a track to play out or keep looping without changing the tempo, I'll throw it down in deck C to free up whatever deck it was on. Sample deck's pretty self-explanatory.

Tech Guru

I just have them as normal decks, i tried using the sample decks but just don't like them - still find myself just using hotcues/loops instead.