Moving from Technics and Traktor to CDJs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Moving from Technics and Traktor to CDJs

I've been in the mood for getting rid of my technics 1210s for a while now and grabbing a pair of CDJs instead. I only really play out at house parties and it just isn't viable to set-up an Audio 8 and a laptop. It will be much easier too just take a book of CDs. I'm also playing alot more Techno and Tech House these days, so a pair of CDJs would suit my mixing a bit more.

My mate has offered me his CDJ 800s and DJM 400 for £800. I've currently got 1210s and Nuo 2.0. What do you guys reckon to this offer? I'm hoping I could get £500 for my mixer and and technics with ortofon concordes. Is this reasonable?
    2 x Technics 1210 mk2, 2 x Ortofon Concorde Pro S, Ecler Nuo 2.0, Sennheiser HD-25 II, VCI-100 SE, Audio 8 DJ, Traktor Scratch Pro

http://soundcloud.com/jainsy/jainsy-...from-this-week

I think you're mad.

But at £500 they'll fly out the door.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Youd get the asking price for the TT's and needles alone I think.

With the mixer aswell, i'd be tempted, and I already own a very similar setup!
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

yep you're crazy... not only downgrading from techs to cdjs but also downgrading to an inferior mixer But yeah your price is more than reasonable; if I lived nearby and had extra cash I'd snap them up just on principal, and then sell them back to you for £200 more when you come to your senses
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

I'm just not sure why you would ditch the nuo 2.0 for a djm-400, that's quite a downgrade in mixer quality imo.

Tech Wizard

maybe i'll keep hold of my mixer and pass on the DJM. I'd much rather mix my genre of music on CDJs to be honest. As mad as this may sound to some of you, I like having CDs as opposed to a complete catalogue of music via Traktor. It forces me to think about my playlists and selection more. To be honest I'd probably still keep my Audio 8 for home use. Just burn CDs for parties.
    2 x Technics 1210 mk2, 2 x Ortofon Concorde Pro S, Ecler Nuo 2.0, Sennheiser HD-25 II, VCI-100 SE, Audio 8 DJ, Traktor Scratch Pro

http://soundcloud.com/jainsy/jainsy-...from-this-week

CD companies like customers like you. As for Nature, not.

Why, don't you ad an kontrol x1 or 2 to your setup, Ok you keep attached to your computer, but with the genre you're mixing it will ad so much more creativity for you.

Further when you play out, you don't have to take your turntables, the two X1's and you're mixer with laptop and audio8 will do fine.

But i know when something is stuck in your head, it's hard to leave that option and if cd's is the experience you really grave, go for it.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Dude, if you wanna sell your TTs and you dont care just do it.
    If you want to move to CDJ just do it.

Personally, i wouldnt sell my TTs for love or money and certainly not for CDJs but all this "backwards" talk and "your mad" stuff is nonesense.

Just do what you want to serve your purposes.

My mate just swapped his Kontrol S4 for some CDJs cus he was bored of it.

Easy come, easy go.

Yeah I would just keep the mixer...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast