Serato itch and V7

Default Serato itch and V7

Hello all my name is Eddie, I am new to the forums here but they look like a good spot to gather good information. I have a question. I recently started working with serato itch and V7's and a macbook pro. I went thriugh the whole set up guide and made sure my settings on my computer were tuned properly to work with serato. I also went through the set up guide on the v7's to make sure the 2 were linked properly and work properly. For the most part i have to say the software and hard ware work perfect. The only thing that is aggrivating to me is that there is a nob on the V7 where you are able to control effects through serato. one of the V7's the one that is not directly plugged into the computer Via USB works perfectly. The one that is connected to the computer Via usb has drop outs only when i turn the effects on. so it sounds like the music is breaking. does any one know of any way to over come this? any ideas will greatly be appreciated.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Moved to the Serato forum.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

thank you sorry, will post in right forum next time.

Um... You have the "brake" effect on?

lol i dont know if your being sarcastic or not but if you are not lol i dont believe i have it on as i have never heard of it. although im not going to lie if i blended a song while that was happening it sometimes sounds really good. is that really an effect?

Yeah theres an effect thats supposed to simulate a vinyl turn table being turned off. Or more likely you have tremolo on. Tremolo with the depth at 100% sounds like the sound going in and out at regular rhythmic intervals. The led ring knob controls the timing while the fader controls the depth. I'm pretty sure tremolo is the default starting effect. You can view what effect is assigned to each deck by pressing the on screen button "DJ FX", its located on the left just between the browser and deck display

hey thanks man soo much

I did not know that the nob was also a button so yes the tremolo effect was on thank you so much for clearing that up for me

No problem