Usb 3.0 & Audio Interfaces
    Tech Student

Default Usb 3.0 & Audio Interfaces

Hello,

For about the past six months, I've been having some issues getting my Audio2dj to work with my laptop. No matter what setup I have, there's always massive distortion in the audio. I've tried everything: plugging into different usb ports, updating drivers/using old drivers for audio2, checked for conflicting drivers, different usb cords, etc. I also know its not the actual audio interface that's defective since it works on my other (cheaper) laptop. My current laptop is a HP Envy 15" Beats limited edition from summer 2010. It has i7, 6gb ddr3 ram, 500gb hd, and an ATI Radeon 5830 graphics card so I don't think computer performance is the issue. I'm starting to lean towards placing the blame on the usb 3.0 ports, since this laptop only has those. Does anyone know if that's a proven issue for Native Instrument's audio interfaces? And if so, does anyone know how to convert a usb 3.0 port to 2.0?

Thanks,

Your help and input is greatly appreciated!

You do realize only one of the ports is usb 3.0... right? (the blue one)

It could be the wifi card or the bluetooth module causing problems, try unistalling the bluetooth driver and disabling the wifi. I do, however, recommend not pugging it into the usb ports because they have been know to cause issues with a few different devices (audio i/o's being one of them)

Tech Guru

firstly id try using the djtt opimiser script. also look at software that could be fucking things up. did it come with mcaffy. Have you removed it, are you sure you have removed it. I bet its still there in some shape or form. Disable any of that hp beats audio software its not very good.

another thing is turn off hyperthreading in ur bios if you can this has caused problems in games and no1 is really using it yet to see any benefit

Tech Student

Thanks for the quick responses guys, I'm going to try all of that tonight. And Gary, I'm not sure mine has a blue usb port? However the device manager still says usb 3.0 under bus controllers so I'm not sure which of the two ports is the usb 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfare View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses guys, I'm going to try all of that tonight. And Gary, I'm not sure mine has a blue usb port? However the device manager still says usb 3.0 under bus controllers so I'm not sure which of the two ports is the usb 2.0
    The housing device (look into the port on your laptop) is blue - a USB2 housing is black. A lengthy discussion on these forums about USB3 compatibility issues, but NI have confirmed that their products are as such. No issues with ASUS, but there do seem to be issues with other brands. As Tom and Gary said - probably not the USB3 port to blame.
    356 reasons why