What are multicore cables?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are multicore cables?

Hi,

I know this is a terrible noob question, but i just wanted to know, what are multicore cables, and what are they needed for?

I plan on getting the Audio 10 for use with TSP2. (My setup is 2 X1's and the external club mixer, no cdj's or turntables).

I just want to make sure i'm getting the right gear here,

Thanks for any help and advice,

Tom

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Multicores are what 'was' needed to use Traktor Scratch Timecode and/or regular vinyl with the Audio 8 soundcard so you can flip the Phono/Line selector on your mixer and play regular vinyl.

The Audio 10 has a Thru Mode and doesnt require Multicores so you dont get them with TSP anymore.

Tech Guru

they allowed people with audio 4's and 8's to play normal cds or vinyl without having to unplug everything. the. they where also ment to be easier to setup in clubs. there a pain in the ass to use in clubs. The audio 6 and ten have aaudio thru built in and works wen the power is connected

the multicores are used so that you can use regular cds in the cdj's as well as the timecodes. if you dont have multicore cables if you want to use a regular cd you have to disconnect your soundcard, real pain in the ass.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I got there first win

yeah what tom said
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

the f%$# ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    yeah what tom said
    Pfft..!

With that setup they are not needed. Why are you getting traktor scratch if you are not using timecode? Seems like a waste of money unless you want to add them in the future.

The audio 8 and audio 4 used multicore cables which are essentially NI branded fancy bulky RCA splitters. You would hook the tts up to the cables which would split the phono input to the soundcard and back to the phono input on the mixer and also from the line output on the soundcard to the line input on the mixer. So if you hit the phono/line switch on your mixer you could play vinyl records without touching the software or changing any other settings.

with the audio 6 and 10 the soundcard now has a thru function like serato so if you ever decided to use timecode you wouldn't need them and would just change a setting on the soundcard.

two minutes late

god damnit screw you all I got too descriptive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast