This is why I love Native Instruments!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default This is why I love Native Instruments!

So to make a long story short- I sold someone on here my kontrol s4. When I went to release the software my account was only showing traktor scratch pro 2, traktor s4, and traktor scratch pro. I don't know how I ever got traktor scratch pro 2 since I just updated the s4 software to traktor pro 2... NI informed me that I would have to release my traktor scratch pro serial too that was somehow linked to it.

I'm guessing it somehow automatically linked with my TSP install and became TSP2, and after some further investigation NI support told me to keep my traktor scratch pro license AND my traktor scratch pro 2 license and they will give the buyer of the s4 a new traktor pro 2 upgrade when they register the s4 software.

Now I'm just not sure how he will install/register the s4 software since I didn't send the disk or know where it is but I'm sure that will get worked out.

So I am very happy right now that I don't have to spend $80 on a traktor 2 upgrade for my original TSP like I was planning and this is a nice surprise after the headaches I've been going through.

Nice!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

my experience with NI support in the US is the exact opposite. Massive bunch of cunts.

i have my maschine and traktor serial both on one account.

if i ever try to sell one of these alone, i will find out if NI are also so nice to me ;o)

Tech Wizard

I think you got really lucky, I have heard a few horror stories about people buying/selling S4's.
    13" Core I7 MBP - Kontrol S4 - Midi Fighter - RP-DJ1200 - BX8a

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You got Scratch Pro 2 free because you already you had Scratch pro 1. The buyer will just DL the demo to Pro 2 and enter the serial number in.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    i have my maschine and traktor serial both on one account.

if i ever try to sell one of these alone, i will find out if NI are also so nice to me ;o)
    You only have one account. You can unregister one product easily enough. You have separate serials for each product. It wont be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by dominant View Post
    I think you got really lucky, I have heard a few horror stories about people buying/selling S4's.
    You "have heard"... well hear this, and maybe quote this story.

My mate (who lives on the next street) sold his S4 and unregistered the S4 and TP2 upgrade on Monday and the guy that bought it has just registered it, today thursday.
    No transfer, just unregister and then reregister and NO help from me.
    2 days is all it took cus he unregistered at 4:30PM on the Monday, so really it was accepted on tuesday and free on thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    my experience with NI support in the US is the exact opposite. Massive bunch of cunts.
    Your experience is just one of 10s of 1000s. Just as many have good experiences but they dont come on here going "NI SUpport are a bunch of great dudes"

Tech Guru

Wouldn't it be better that there isn't any "massive cunt" experiences? Don't try and defend the douchebags Karlos, its well known that the US NI support guys are more useless than tits on a bull.

Well, to be honest. I've had a support request up at NI since a week ago, haven't heard anything. Decided to send you a PM as well explaining the problem Karlos. Didn't get anything back.

The Maschine i've had for over a week nog is collecting dust as just can't play with it without proper registration :/

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You got Scratch Pro 2 free because you already you had Scratch pro 1. The buyer will just DL the demo to Pro 2 and enter the serial number in.
    Well NI support said that I should just give the buyer the S4 serial number, I keep my T2 serial, and after he installs the S4 software to contact them and he will get a new TP2 upgrade. I didn't send him the S4 disk so I'm wondering how he will go about it since he doesn't gave a TP2 serial yet to register.

I'm hoping he doesn't have to wait to get the disk from me and can just download an S4 installer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast