Non "replaceable" fader in Kontrol S4 may mean we part company
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Non "replaceable" fader in Kontrol S4 may mean we part company

I am annoyed with this situation. I truly love my S4 and have no real desire to part with it but the warranty (as I understand it) may mean we have to go our separate ways.

• If I upgrade the cross fader - I void my (3 year with Guitar Center) warranty
    • If the cross fader breaks, its not covered under the warranty, so if I replace it - I void the warranty.

Is this everyone else's understanding? I know some of you may be of the opinion that the warranty is irrelevant as we are all mod freaks but I already have a dodgy channel on one of the line inputs so I am not feeling particularly cavalier.

The cross fader wasn't a big deal when I purchased the unit but now Vangogo is sponsoring me to be the World's oldest DMC champion (based on me training for the next 10 years) I feel the S4 cross fader isn't up to the job.

Is anyone else in this situation? Has anyone else moved away from the S4 onto a "better" set up?

What do you guys think?
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Mentor

i wouldn't worry about the warranty and just the fader. If your considering changing the fader i'm guessing your strapped for cash. If the controller breaks in a year or two. either fix it or buy a new one.
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeeZer View Post
    i wouldn't worry about the warranty and just the fader. If your considering changing the fader i'm guessing your strapped for cash. If the controller breaks in a year or two. either fix it or buy a new one.
    I am not sure I understand any of what you said here.

I want to change the fader as I don't feel the standard S4 fader is right for me. In another mixer I can swap out the fader without screwing up the warranty as they are designed to be replaceable. With the S4 I cannot upgrade it and it may not even be covered in the warranty. The cash has little to do with anything though I, like many others, probably aren't happy just to buy another controller a year or two into the purchase.

Overpriced kit imo, sell it and buy a proper scratch mixer

yes it sucks that the s4 xfader is non-user replaceable

even the NS6 has the "easy-to-replace" crossfader socket which can be very easily accessed, while with the S4 we have to open up the whole unit and void the warranty
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    Overpriced kit imo, sell it and buy a proper scratch mixer
    So I sell the S4. Now i have to buy a mixer, audio interface and controller like the X1. Let's say I get $750 for it - what do I buy?

Xone db4!!!!!!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

you know even after purchasing the S4 I still miss my TTM-56s which was packed away in a storage box due to the lack of space, i am thinking of maybe getting rid of the S4 and bring back the TTM-56s back out - imo the best faders in the business!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Xone db4!!!!!!

That is A) amazing B) well out of my price range!

I want a 4 CH Scratch mixer so I can use CH1-2 with a controller and CH3-4 with Timecode.

bdm 4000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast