DJTT Website Feature Request/Bug Report
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DJTT Website Feature Request/Bug Report

Open Link in New Tab on Chrome under OS X Lion has been broken for a while.

Command-Click opens the link in the current tab, as does Shift-F [link code] using vimium under Chrome. Alt-click (right-click, 2-finger click, whatever) and then slecting "Open Link in New Tab" works as it should.

I'm guessing it's a javascript error, but I haven't looked at it because it might be in some server-side script that I can't see or something to do with your content management system as opposed to something I could diagnose from here. It's incredibly frustrating, and DJTT is the only site not based on Adobe Flash that works this badly.

Everything in the forum works as expected, and I think the shop works too…it's just the blog that's broken.

I'd appreciate it if someone looked at it, as that's the only way I ever read blogs, and I'm about to abandon the blog entirely if it's not fixed: user experience maters more to me than any content you've written.

Mods, please move this if it's in the wrong place.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

working fine here

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are you talking about the blog, the forum or both? I'm not on lion so I can't test it. Can anybody else duplicate this?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

It's a chrome bug. I'm on Windows 7, and recently switched to chrome, and it does this. I middle click the blog post link, and it doesn't open in a new tab, it goes to it in the same one. Not terribly inconvenient though.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

It's just the blog. It's also not just a Crhome issue. Safari does it too on my computer. So does Firefox both with Vimperator's keyboard command and Command-clicking the link.

The only reason I care is that I only check the blog infrequently and open every story I want to read in tabs…and it takes a lot longer to switch to the trackpad and figure out where my cursor is. It's probably a personal problem related to the fact that I still hate mice and never really use them to browse the web (thanks to vimium and vimperator) unless I'm interacting with Flash. But, well, it's frustrating…hence the question. It takes me about 30 seconds to open a tab for every story on every other website I read (hacker news, digital dj tips, ny times, al jazeera, etc.) and it takes like 2 minutes on DJTT. IDK why I'm in such a hurry, but it's frustrating to change the way I think when everything else works so fluidly.

It could be an issue with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, but I think it's probably related to some scripting on the website due to something that happens when a link is clicked.

Works fine here. Win 7/Chrome
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Jokes, must be something else then. I used firefox up until a few weeks ago, and it didn't do it then, so I just assumed it was chrome.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

I think it's a Lion thing.

Still working on snow leopard with firefox, chrome and safari, all seems well here.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

some pics dont work for me tho T
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Weird…I'd say that something might be capturing the keystroke or something, except it works on every other site.

Maybe I should just break down and read DJTT's code. Ugh…I hate html.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast