Genres - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Genres

Quote Originally Posted by calthamon View Post
    And Flaekiface,
    i mean it is pretty obvious that Techno is big while mnml is well minimalistic with beep and boop. But when you listen to Techno made my the Cocoon label, is that really sounding biiiggg? IDK but it doesnt for me.
    Actually the Extrawelt track I used as an example is on the Cocoon label, and yes It hink is sounds very big.

But, Yeah your right. A loft of tracks use elements from both the minimal and techno genre, making them very hard to categorize. But of cause it is like that. I dont think a lot of producers sit down and say "hey - I want to do a pure Techno track/Minimal track". They put together the sounds and beats they like at that particular moment.
    What I am trying to say is that I think it is perfectly natural that genres get mixed together, and that no perfect borders are to be found. And I dont think we necessarily has to put all that tracks in these corect "genre-boxes". The genres just makes it easier to write and talk about music, without being able to listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblejazz View Post
    hasn't there been "Deep-tech/ Dub-Techno" for a while?

don't ask me for examples
    Jup, Dub-Techno is a well defined genre. It's even a Beatport genre.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    personally ive always thought the only important genres within electronic music should defined by tempo and beat structure. other than that you can sub-genre to infinity, even to the extent that every song is a differernt sub-genre, which to me makes sub-genres irrelevant.
    Exactly!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234