Think Mixxx sucks? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

ok maybe i was a bit hasty with that last post, just downloaded, started up, all seems well, i drop a track onto deck A and i get a critical error box saying "QThread:: Failed to set thread priority (the parameter is incorrect)

only option is to click ok and mixx shuts down

anyone else seen this yet?
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

I'm going to download this now and put it on my work computer, why not...

Anyone have a touchOSC iphone map for mixx? I would love to be able to just take out my phone and mess around at work.

scrap that ive got it running ok now, ill get it set up with timecode cd later. a few observations though,

- it seems very similar in looks to virtual dj, which isnt a bad thing however for me the ui doesnt really seem to give you the waveforms in enough detail, maybe ive just been spoilt with traktor.
    - the option for which timecode media you use lets you chose between traktor and serato vinyl but only serato cd, ill try the traktor discs later but if not ill just download the serato files, no big deal really.

i have to be honest and say on first impressions i am not as fond as i am of traktor however they have also had MUCH more money to spend than the guys @ mixxx, so fair play, theyve worked with what they had and done a good job of it. i will definately have a good play with it over the next week and will probably keep it as a backup just incas everything goes to tits with tp2. and maybe even install on my netbook which im thinking of converting to linux.

overall first impressions are that it doesnt seem amazing but at the same time certainly doesnt suck!.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgtb View Post
    i would want my S4 controller to work (ideally, in NHL mode).
    Thats not gonna happen though.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    no worries, i'll stay a devoted NI fanboi for the foreseeable future

but the mixxx guys reverse-engineered the timecode for traktor as well as serato. why shouldn't they be able to reverse-engineer NHL? open-source developers reverse-engineer protocols all the time. to give another example: how do you think your mac is able to access windows shares? well, it uses samba, an open-source software that reverse-engineered several of Microsoft's network-related protocols.
    Last edited by rgtb; 11-10-2011 at 01:57 PM.

These guys have some major potential

Main things needed are keylock improvements and different waveforms, filters!!!!
    Otherwise they kinda hit it spot on. Custom EQ cutoffs, Better recording options and can have it make a .cue files, layered waveforms.

Dunno about timecode though
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    not out of the box sure. i've been experimenting with some hid code in my midimasher, admittedly only on a simple gamepad, but seems reasonably simple to add support for hid devices. just need to "teach" the system what bits change and what the limits are, when u move a control on the device.

NI not being open about their hid protocol is just stupid, as it'll be reverse engineered anyway as soon as someone wants to.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

downloading now and will def try it out over the weekend. i was impressed with the last beta i tried - a couple of months ago or so. i think it has a load of potential...

i love that mixxx has midi scripting builtin
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Well they also need to fix recording issues though XD just tried it and it kept saying it cant and could possibly be due to disk space.... 66gb free... yeaaahhh
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast