VMS4, VDJ, and Stanton Str8-60s
    Tech Mentor

Default VMS4, VDJ, and Stanton Str8-60s

So I have a plan to get a dvs setup using my VMS4. I've been awaiting this moment for so long and it's finally coming this weekend. I'm hoping everything will work out as it should. Anyways I have a VMS4 and I want to use the 4in/4out soundcard to use DVS on VDJ with the Stanton Str8-60 turntables with Stanton Craze needles , I plan to trade for my Mixtrack and DJ IO this weekend. By the way if you have any opinions or advice on the Str8-60s please let me know! I'll be doing this with a Macbook so from what I know it uses CoreAudio or something like that. I heard something about ASIO4ALL involving the doing this but I'm not sure how it affects me in this. Then I plan to buy some Serato Control Vinyl and I'll be set as far as I know. I've seen DVS with the RMX but seeing the VMS4 is like any other soundcard I don't see why it wouldn't work. Oh and I plan to use the mixer on the VMS4. On the VMS4 you can set the 4 decks on either midi or phono(or line, I don't remember which one) so then I'm pretty sure that means that I can set decks 2 and 3 on the turntables and then decks 1 and 4 on the VMS4. If that's not right then I'm not really bummed out about it. The 4 deck support isn't as important to me. I'm just excited for the DVS. I'm pretty sure it does but I wanted to run it by you guys so I don't waste my money and time with the turntables if it doesn't.

So my question is should this work fine together? Is there anything I should know about doing this?

P.S. I made the things that would be used to make this setup so if you don't want to read it all then just look at those.

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

So with some searching it should work but with MacBook, I'm not sure.

I need some information on the Stanton Str8-60s?? What do you guys think of them?

Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Mentor

Um this was before I bought the actual turntables and everything. My other thread is a troubleshooting thread. I had no intention to double post.

:: off topic :::

I never understood the point of typing "um" when you have more than enough time to think about what you're going to type before you actually hit post. I don't get it.

Tech Mentor

Say the sentence aloud and see if you get it. It's like a sarcastic "Um..."

mmm what? :P
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Mentor

^Exactly